Author Topic: Who would be at fault  (Read 1478 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Who would be at fault
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »
My Nextbase shows the exact speed I am travelling. Sunset in London was 16:00 on the 24th with all places North a bit earlier so I assumed, possibly wrongly, that the chance was you would fall into that majority of the country.

The actual video would give a better indication of what actually happened. If the guy was running, then the blame would be fully his. I had a guy actually run into the side of my car once. Did a bit of damage, then ran off.

To my eyes, you were easily 1 metre clear of the parked car, but you also said you saw him come out of the pizza place which suggests you had a little time to judge his actions.

Dashcams are great if someone else is at fault, but they can also be used to show any errors on the part of the driver.

Pedestrians are bar stewards.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »
Pedestrians are bar stewards.

Your little incident was a good illustration why you have to be on your toes, and half expect people to do the dumbest things.

d2d4j

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 02:28:56 PM »
Hi

Many thanks to everyone who’s posted

@sparkypaul - wished you’d told me that 38 years ago... been apologizing ever since

I like to think I have good perception and yes, I saw home exit the pizza shop but it is hard to know precisely what he was going to do. Turn left or right on pavement, get in the car or cross road and if he would stop and look

Pedestrians have to also take responsibility and as it turns out, he was the driver, so should have known better and looked

The biggest issue in a built up area is you cannot slow down at every shop, cars would just go past you at speed and create a bigger risk

My last point I have not mentioned, where this took place was between 2 speed cameras - and cars accelerate to 40 or 50 and slow down at second camera. Some don’t even slow down. So there are cars very close to rear bumper usually at that point in the picture

Once again, thank you to everyone for their posts

Many thanks

John

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
The man took about half a second (4 or 5 paces) to arrive where he did at the first photo
Blimey, Usain Bolt has let himself go a bit since retiring! It'll be all those pizzas.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 03:33:09 PM »
I work on the basis that any pedestrian walking near a car is an accident waiting to happen and drive accordingly.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2020, 06:20:56 PM »
It would appear that if a pedestrian or indeed a cyclist is injured in an RTA, it’s a pretty sure bet that the car driver in most cases will be blamed regardless.

Tags: