Author Topic: Passenger footwell  (Read 13337 times)

iceblue

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2004
Re: Passenger footwell
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:28 PM »
Latest update - took the car back to the garage I bought it from and saw the owner who took a quick look and said it’s the left hand drain hose from the sunroof which appears to have broken and come inside the car. He said it should be a quick fix so it’s booked in for next Wednesday. I’ll keep you posted...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 05:51:13 PM »
Good result, I thought you had tried pouring water on roof and sunroof though ? Just wonder how the tube came to get broken / split - and how the previous owner knew about it  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2019, 06:49:36 PM »
I think he is referring to the owner of the garage.

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2019, 07:38:32 PM »
I think he is referring to the owner of the garage.
Correct Jocko, the owner of the garage I bought the car from
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:40:09 PM by iceblue »

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 10:29:12 PM »
Ok so took the car this morning. The leaking hose is definitely the sunroof drain which has somehow entered the cabin (reason unknown). With the bottom part of the glovebox removed to gain access, and a bit of reaching,twisting and turning they managed to redirect the hose back out of the car and into the pillar where it belongs. Hopefully now that will be the end of my wet carpet and smelly car. Fingers crossed!

Howard from Isle of Wight

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz auto
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 10:34:58 PM »
I had this same problem and after a lot of searching found the water was getting in through the hole where the cables from the headlight enter the car. This is accessed by removing the plastic splash guard under the wheel arch. The hole originally had a grommet in it but this had got so loose that the water could track down the cables through the bulkhead. I have put a lot of black sealer around it and this has done the job. Hope this helps.

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2021, 01:59:20 PM »
Ok so took the car this morning. The leaking hose is definitely the sunroof drain which has somehow entered the cabin (reason unknown). With the bottom part of the glovebox removed to gain access, and a bit of reaching,twisting and turning they managed to redirect the hose back out of the car and into the pillar where it belongs. Hopefully now that will be the end of my wet carpet and smelly car. Fingers crossed!
Ok so 18 months on from my nightmare and all is still well and dry. Just confirming that the drain hose being manipulated back outside the cabin and into the door pillar was definitely the fix!

Tags:

anything