Honda Jazz Forums > Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020

MPG for those interested.

(1/86) > >>

Sidot:
Collected car mk3 SE 29.9.15.
10 miles on the clock .....now 2131.
46.66 gallons used 1818 miles covered = overall 38.96 mpg.
All "around the town Autumn and Winter" driving, except one 197 mile trip to South Wales.
I drive carefully and try for best optimum.
Only slightly better than mk2 1.2 ltr. Which was about 34/35 comparing like for like.
I see a Mk2 go past and still admire the smooth lines whilst trying to get my Honda Connect to do what I want it to !!!

Edit by Admin: made topic a sticky topic.

guest5924:
I pick up my Jazz SE on the 23.12.15 and to date I have done 850 miles filled up today for the fourth time and the
        clocks tell me the average M P G is 48 which I think is not to bad , K L J

John Ratsey:
My Mk 3 is just over 2000 miles and averaging 56 mpg. However, a lot of the miles were accrued in September and October as longer trips in better weather. If I don't need to go anywhere during the winter months then I don't go. The computer strugges to report much over 40 mpg for shorter trips in winter and I know that it is optimistic.

Wait for some nice summer weather and the mpg will take an upwards leap plus, I hope, there will be a gradual improvement as the engine gets run on. The target for my Mk 3 is to equal the 58.8 mpg which my previous hybrid Jazz had averaged. However, if Honda are promising a 99g/km CO2 Civic with 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo engine then the same engine in the Mk 3 Jazz (if/when it appears as an option) could give significantly better mpg than our current engines.

John Ratsey:
Made a trip from Swindon to Somerset last Thursday. About 80 miles each way. I used the motorway (60 to 75 mph) for the outward trip, slight headwind and the computer said 60 mpg. I used the A361 for the return home (30 to 60 mph depending on traffic and speed limits) and the computer showed 66 mpg. Based on my previous observations I would deduct 5 mpg to get real values.

dfconnolly:
The only way to get meaningfull mpg figures is to measure the miles recorded between fill ups against the actual fuel put in as measured at the pump.

I find the computer readout on my Hubrid is generally optimistic by at least 4mpg

Regards

Dave C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version