Diagnostics, Tuning, Modifications and Maintenance - all Hondas > Car Care & Detailing

Who buys this stuff??

(1/4) > >>

peteo48:
I have always liked a clean car and almost always clean it myself.

Then I was thinking of my last trip to Halfords - our local store is a big one and there are rows and rows of car cleaning products. Big name brands like Turtle Wax but also more upmarket stuff like Autoglym, Meguiars and Auto Finesse. There are polishes, waxes, sealants, tyre dressings, interior detailers, quick detailers, ceramic sprays, graphene sprays etc. On top of that, sponges, microfibres, mitts, buckets (several different types and sizes).

Even our local supermarkets have loads of car care products.

I almost never see anybody cleaning their car these days and I live where there are a lot of retired people with time on their hands. I am the only person on my road who cleans their car apart from a woman who uses washing up liquid and and old T shirt.

So who buys this stuff (apart from me) and where do they use it?

Mystery of the day!

shufty:
...Me  ;D although not much from Halfords. I mostly use in2detailing.co.uk

peteo48:
Yes - loads of stuff available on line as well. My theory is that people are doing this car cleaning in their garages or under cover of darkness ;D

madasafish:

--- Quote from: peteo48 on October 10, 2023, 01:40:09 PM ---I have always liked a clean car and almost always clean it myself.

Then I was thinking of my last trip to Halfords - our local store is a big one and there are rows and rows of car cleaning products. Big name brands like Turtle Wax but also more upmarket stuff like Autoglym, Meguiars and Auto Finesse. There are polishes, waxes, sealants, tyre dressings, interior detailers, quick detailers, ceramic sprays, graphene sprays etc. On top of that, sponges, microfibres, mitts, buckets (several different types and sizes).

Even our local supermarkets have loads of car care products.

I almost never see anybody cleaning their car these days and I live where there are a lot of retired people with time on their hands. I am the only person on my road who cleans their car apart from a woman who uses washing up liquid and and old T shirt.

So who buys this stuff (apart from me) and where do they use it?

Mystery of the day!

--- End quote ---

Simple petrol heads... there are a lot of them aged 18 to 80.

Not me: I never polish a car:

Whiteshark:
Me !!! But in an enclosed compound so nobody sees me. Not by desire by the way, however I do enjoy washing and polishing the cars , which I find to be therapeutic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version