Author Topic: honda jazz ex i-shift transmission.  (Read 2845 times)

guest3880

honda jazz ex i-shift transmission.
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
My honda jazz ex i-shift can be driven in different modes ie full auto,manual using gear lever or manual using the paddles.Can anyone tell me whether this car has a conventional clutch controlled electronically or is it like other automatics? Despite it's reputation I find it enjoyable to drive except in full automatic mode. I have had no bother with it and am just curious.

guest516

• Topic Starter
Re: honda jazz ex i-shift transmission.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
Led to believe it is a conventional clutch electrically operated
Like you I love it because it covers all bases & moods & can be economical when required
Unlike the CVT I can rely on being in the right gear for rapid & confident overtaking which I never felt with the CVT
Oui oui

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I believe it is a conventional clutch that is controlled electronically.
It is often said to be jerky, but I refute this wholeheartedly. If you drive it as you would a manual it reacts exactly the same, so drive smooth and it reacts smoothly.
Far superior to the lifeless CVT.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest795

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
I Shift makes you think about your style of driving. With thought it can be operated very smoothly and with good acceleration from the gear you choose. It also can be very economical except in cold weather.

I am very careful to select neutral when stopped but would be interested to know what sort of life other owners are getting out of the automatic clutch and actuators before needing replacement? Full automatics often achieve a longer maintenance free life.

Tags: