Author Topic: Dripping water  (Read 3103 times)

guest2867

Dripping water
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
Hi All

Can anyone help, i have noticed that when i put the car in the garage i get a small puddle on the floor.
It looks like water, now i know about this happening when the A/C has been on but i havn't been using the A/C.
I have had the fan on number 2 and blowing air on to the screen and the floor.
My car has climate control and i know that in this position the cooling fan under the bonnet runs so does this mean that A/C is on even if it is not lit up. I have been setting the temp to about 20 so i would think that at this time of year it would be only heating.
Many thanks

guest1521

• Topic Starter
Re: Dripping water
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »
Almost certainly your climate control is causing it even if A/C itself not lit up. Normal. Your car is being dehumidified even with heat. CLUE: Underbonnet fan cycling on and off. Check coolant level, though.

guest2867

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »
coolant is about 20mm above the min when engine is cold and therefore quite a long way off the Max mark, the car only has 120 miles on the clock.

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »
My coolant has always been about midway between MAX and MIN in the expansion tank, cold. That's from 20,500 miles since new. Room for 'expansion' when hot, I guess. Can you see colour in the coolant through the plastic tank? If it's coloured and it is, in fact, clear water on your floor, you'd then know it's not leaking coolant.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
I do not have climate control, (first model 1.4 ES), and when the heating dial is set to either of the two positions which direct air up to the screen, the A/C comes on, with its indicator light.  I can then turn it off manually if I choose.

Tags:

anything