Author Topic: headlights of 2013 Jazz  (Read 795 times)

chesneyfan

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3
headlights of 2013 Jazz
« on: January 29, 2023, 03:05:02 PM »
I drive a 2013 Honda Jazz and when I drive in the dark I regularly notice other motorists flashing their lights. I've checked my headlights and they work, but it's possible that they are not as bright as other cars. To make them brighter I'd have to put them on full beam. I don't know if buying new bulbs is the answer, the handbook shows that the headlights are 12 volts, 60/55 watts. Any advice would be appreciated.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: headlights of 2013 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 03:11:21 PM »
Are you sure they signal for the lack of brightness? Can it be that you need to polish the unit (the plastic ‘glass’) because it reflects to all directions? Or aim it a bit lower?
Full beam is not much brighter than normal beam; it is only directed differently (they will definitely signal when on full beam!).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »
I would suggest if other drivers flash their lights at you it is because you are dazzling them, not because your lights are not bright enough. I was never flashed at with my Jazz with its standard headlamp bulbs and grotty dull lenses.
Set your headlights to their lowest position and I bet you don't get flashed. Then get a garage to set the high setting correctly for you.

chesneyfan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 03:56:02 PM »
I first noticed other motorists flashing when my headlights were set to 0 (the lowest position). Recently I've been using the "1" position but they still flash.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 04:12:31 PM »
0 is the highest setting. Try 3 and see if they still flash.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 08:23:29 PM »
In evening, when dark enough, park opposite a wall somewhere and put lights on, then play around with the level settings. You will see height of light beams.

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 04:21:11 PM »
In evening, when dark enough, park opposite a wall somewhere and put lights on, then play around with the level settings. You will see height of light beams.
Bingo! Is what I do, on a place that is level. On my 2011 It needed be set to "1", "0" is a tad too high.
You will also notice if you have access to a non lit countryside road where the high beam is clearly visible.
It should point straight out level with the road or a notch down.

Tags: