Author Topic: Changes post camera recall software update  (Read 980 times)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Changes post camera recall software update
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:09:09 PM »
Prior to camera software recall update, if the camera not functions due to misted windscreen message appeared, camera functions were inactive until windscreen cleared, then had to activate the first safety feature manually using the button on lower right panel and switch on again using steering wheel scroll wheel press or alternatively restart the car. Post update, the feature appears to automatically re enable once windscreen is clear. Have others experienced the same?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:11:13 PM by IanG »

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Changes post camera recall software update
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 02:29:19 PM »
Indeed. My November '21 Mk4 was updated in November '22 and now automatically the safety features come back online after the initial 'wipe your windscreen' message.
I think the camera does a re-check periodically to try and activate all features again.
I like this, since I use ACC a lot and before I get to the highway the windscreen usually is defrosted / de-iced.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 03:10:49 PM »
...Mine does that without the camera update  ???

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 03:25:45 PM »
My dealer said something interesting about the update: it was compulsory for MY21 and optional for MY22.
Maybe the 2022 model already did re-enable the safety features automatically?

PS: MY adjusted, thanks Kremmen for your remark
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 03:56:28 PM by Marco1979 »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 03:53:52 PM »
The Mk4 Jazz is MY21 and MY22. The Jazz MY20 is the latest Mk3.

That 'optional' makes sense as mine is listed on the Honda site as applicable but I've not been notified.

Given that mine doesn't have any problems from the tech I use I'm not fussed. I did have mine mist once with the inoperative camera but it cleared quite soon
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 05:09:26 PM »
I have occasionally had this message, first thing in the morning generally after a heavy frost or fog mist. However, it does clear itself on its own after about 5 or ten minutes. On the display (dash) the little car with a force field around it displays as white when camera inactive, but I know as soon as it turns green the camera has reset itself.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 08:17:46 PM »
It doesn’t take long for my car for my camera to start working after a frozen screen . It won’t let me turn off the tech that wobbles the wheel until the camera is able to work. In the Toyota of SWMBO that piece of tech turns off until you reinstate it . Wish all cars had the electric screen heaters that Ford do   !  ::)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 10:26:27 PM »
It doesn’t take long for my car for my camera to start working after a frozen screen . It won’t let me turn off the tech that wobbles the wheel until the camera is able to work. In the Toyota of SWMBO that piece of tech turns off until you reinstate it . Wish all cars had the electric screen heaters that Ford do   !  ::)
Skoda and several VAG group cars also have heated windscreens - mind you at the moment due to the chip shortage it has been removed from the option list of many cars.
In the cold weather we have had recently a heated windscreen is so much easier - open drivers door, start engine, switch on front and rear screen heaters and max defrost on the A/C - then wait 5 mins, squeegee the side windows and drive off with front and rear screens frost free and wiped by a flick of the wipers. Easy peasy as my father used to say!!

Tags:

anything