Author Topic: Have found and reserved 2013 ES plus cvt auto 7 gear!  (Read 1777 times)

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Have found and reserved 2013 ES plus cvt auto 7 gear!
« on: January 24, 2023, 05:41:11 PM »
Well, I have bit the bullet and viewed 2013 Honda Jazz ES plus cvt auto 59k miles 1 owner from new. Overall car is good. This was only a once over and had the key and access to car for about 20 mins. But, if all goes well, should be owner of 2013 Honda Jazz ES plus cvt auto 7 gear this time next week. Car priced at £5,995 - & agreed 'in principle' £5k and our cat c honda jazz si...Does that seem a fair trade?
It started 1st time no problems. With foot on brake, handbrake on, dispay showed where gearstick was, P, N, R, D & S, they all lit up.
With gear in 'D' I took handbrake off but foot on brake and could feel the drive force forward. Radio was on, when I started car but turned off.
The air condition controls threw me a bit. When I started car 1 of the 4 buttons was already lit up! It was the recirculating air button that was illuminated. I couldn't seem to turn it off?! I pressed the fresh air coice button which illuminated and the recirculated button went out, as you would expect. But I couldn't seem to turn them totally off...even by using the 'Auto/On Off' button with fan controls. I take it, it is because this system is different to 1 in current jazz. I checked the fan controls and when pressed up/increase, fan turned on, could hear go faster and this was indicated in the digital circular display. That's as far as I got with that part of car system.
Checking under the hood, my wife commented how quiet it was, as I was checking the oil level. It came out as if it had just been seviced, colour of honey!
Checking the very front of engine, inasfar as I could, had knowledge of, both fans were firm and nothing was loose. The new bumper that has been fitted as part of the cat n repair was solid. Whole of car seemed firm and viewed all lines, all minimal gaps of wings, bumpers doors were fine & doors seem to shut a little more 'solid' than ours.
So quite happy with initial viewing and spoke with both owners of dealership and it is amazing who we know and they know! So we can ask others for references!
Finally, as it is a cat n, I have arranged for our local mechanic to view & onspect the car. Although the car pitch is few miles away, they more than happy to drop car off next week at garage and let my mechanic do his checks and will go with him on test drive. If he gives the nod, all should hopefully be well.
Will arrange a test drive with dealer before Friday & hope that goes as nicely. Only thing missing was the rear parcelshelf, but has been agreed I can take mine out of our 'si'.
Is there anything else I should check on the test drive?
Finally, 1 matter they did say, is that as car bought at auction, there is no service history and this is normal. Also due to gdpr, they cannot obtain any service history from Honda dealership themselves, but as they are in throws of obtaining logbook from dvla, it will be up to us as owner to ask honda what service history there is, I take it this is only if it was serviced by honda dealership & not if original owner local garage?
Thanks for reading and any replies/comments.

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
Re: Have found and reserved 2013 ES plus cvt auto 7 gear!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 07:52:03 PM »
Spare keys?

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 08:09:23 PM »
What does the MOT history show?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 09:21:28 PM »
No history, cat N, one key, no V5C for £5000 + your car ??

I'll be very honest, but that doesn't sound like a deal I would be prepared to enter into.

When it comes to cars, there will be another one along shortly. You pays your money and all that, your choice, but I would be sitting on my cash until a motor arrives without the stories this one has.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 09:36:12 PM »
5k + your si… and as said above, 1 key , no history… or a parcel shelf. Probably give that a swerve personally.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 01:02:15 AM »
same as others i would give this a swerve no parcel shelf???? documents??? mot history??? as said previously there will be another along shortly  much better

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 01:17:22 AM »
A CVT doesna have "gears"..  :P Still heinous pricing but if you must...

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12:33 AM »
Ta for pointers and make list of what not checked.
Mot history all checks all passes. Only advisory were 2 tyres over 9 year history history, and have to move items from mirror  nothing else.
Any reason not to think why the 1 owner not have had it serviced regularly? As say, see what pre inspection reveals. Cheers for replies.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 09:36:07 AM »
Having spent time last month looking for a replacement for my Jazz I know that there are not a lot of choices out there and that the prices are exorbitant. I paid £3,200 for an 09 Fabia with no service history, no spare key and no V5C. It is definitely a seller's market at the moment.

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 10:17:33 AM »
Morning Jo Kong, (there it goes again, bloody Jo Kong coming in uninvited!). The 2011 ex that was looking at for £8000 then £7500  sold for ask price and not been advertised more than 3 days.
When I searched for jazzes within 20 miles, 32 came up, only 5 automatics. Quite a few of 2010/pre 2010 even going back to 2006 advertised, manual and auto but still wanting £2-3500+ . Even the car pitch opposite us recently had Peugeot 308 bog standard basic auto for no longer than 5 days, priced at £3995,& that has gone!
Taking all into a/c for car that on table at mo, bearing in mind current car has cost us £1500 for 7 yrs trouble free motoring, no reason why test drive and further looking over should throw up any problems, but main reason that my left leg not cope with manual for much longer, have got best deal, for car spec that am happy with. 
Let you know how it goes. Cheers, all.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 09:53:05 AM »
5k + your si… and as said above, 1 key , no history… or a parcel shelf. Probably give that a swerve personally.
Must admit I agree, I wouldn't be tempted but if the OP is happy that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 10:17:22 AM »
Morning Jim, This is what it's all about but with added input, advice and yes, opinions.
OK no rear shelf or history. But 1 owner from new, passed all mots with couple advisories. Avge 6k miles per yr and no reason to think why car not serviced each yr, which is reason for mechanic checking over. And if dealer willing to bring car to our local garage has to give some confidence.
If not for fact that cat n being involved low speed prang  (have seen pics of damage to front bumper/slight dent to rear) no doubt all missing info would increase price to extortionate out if bracket! Any way, see how this afternoon goes. Many thanks 

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 10:19:04 AM »
Jocks, did you buy above 09 Fabia for yourself?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 12:20:42 PM »
You need to see the actual hpi or Experian report, then ask a honda delear to check service record. If you rate the condition & it drives right then hand over your hard earned £. I would avoid any insurance jobs. Each to their own.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 12:25:25 PM »
Jocks, did you buy above 09 Fabia for yourself?
I did.

Tags: