Author Topic: HR-V and new Civic drive train.  (Read 5527 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Re: HR-V and new Civic drive train.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »
If the VW auto is DSG then make sure you try very slow manoeuvres like you would with say parallel parking or reversing into a garage.

In the DSG I tested that was very difficult as it doesn't slow creep like a conventional auto. It was like driving a manual where the clutch was fully engaged so the 'creep' speed was quite fast.
I've driven DSG autos for the last 15 years without any problems whatsoever. The newer models will creep on the flat if the foot brake is not applied firmly but after you get used to it it's fine.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 03:50:03 AM »
 :)

The one I drove was just after they switched from a wet to a dry clutch many years ago. As soon as you touched the brake pedal to slow it down it completely disengaged drive and the slow manoeuvre was likened to 'kangarooing' by some.
Let's be careful out there !

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »
:)

The one I drove was just after they switched from a wet to a dry clutch many years ago. As soon as you touched the brake pedal to slow it down it completely disengaged drive and the slow manoeuvre was likened to 'kangarooing' by some.
They have improved the DSG box tremendously since it was first introduced. The early ones were a bit jerky but the latest ones are smooth and excellent. It is a bit different from conventional autos but once you get used to it very quickly.

Tags: