Author Topic: Dashcam Choice ?  (Read 4123 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Dashcam Choice ?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2022, 02:51:16 PM »
Where are you wired ?

There are a lot of circuits that are temporarily killed off by the starter crank. You need to find one that stays live. They are there and are often the ones that only become live when the ignition is in position 2.

No matter what cam you get they all will probably suffer the same.

DCT is littered with this issue across all brands I've looked at.
Let's be careful out there !

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2022, 04:58:32 PM »
...How much smaller do you really need to go? the A119 is hardly bulky!
As many folk have commented, the 119 Mini isn't really "mini" compared to the V3, it's slightly shorter/narrower but thicker. The screen is significantly smaller if that matters to anyone, but there are a couple of perhaps useful features (e.g. wi-fi, buttons are differently placed to make it easier to find the save, and it has voice notifications etc). Nothing much is a real deal maker/breaker between the V3 and Mini, I just thought I'd try the Mini.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2022, 07:30:16 PM »
Where are you wired ?
It is connected to the aux socket which is only live when the ignition is on. Come to think of it, if I run it off the Powerbank it won't be an issue.

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2022, 04:51:48 AM »
There are 2 ignition positions. If the socket becomes live in the first (accessory) position then that circuit will likely lose power during cranking.

I don't know about the older Hondas but if there is a fusebox accessory socket then in there will be a pin that doesn't lose power. Being as option connectors are difficult to obtain you can often use a shielded 2mm connector. That's what I did on my 8G and 9G Civics before I sourced the option connectors.
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2022, 01:43:13 PM »
Today it started fine but further down the road it had stopped. As the car goes next week I will not be changing anything. The GPS speedometer connected to the Aux socket stays live as the car cranks.

Tags:

anything