Author Topic: High Rev in neutral, aircon goes off  (Read 2454 times)

guest1510

High Rev in neutral, aircon goes off
« on: July 30, 2010, 04:20:55 AM »
Has anyone experience getting high revs between 1500 and 2000 when in neutral and the aircon goes off.  This happens to me twice in moving traffic like first and second gear traffic, not the stop and go.  There are no warning lights like for overheat.  This goes for like 5 to 10 minutes then its ok again for a few minutes even if there is no more traffic.  The first time it happened, I replaced the water/coolant in the radiator but the same thing happened again.  The radiator fan is working as I can hear it when idling and the aircon on.  The radiator itself looks clean, there are no dead bugs stuck between the fins.  I used to get stuck in traffic before at much longer time period but this never happened before.  Thanks and have a nice day fellow members.

guest1510

• Topic Starter
Re: High Rev in neutral, aircon goes off
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
I think I figured out what is wrong with the aircon.  The clutch in the compressor is slipping when it is hot.  To fix this, I removed the nut on the center of the compressor clutch assembly and removed one of the shin (somewhat like a very thin washer). Removing the shin will make the clutch closer.  There were 2 shin left, one thicker than the other.  I removed the thicker one, as both are relatively thin.  The shin is part number 6 from the attached illustration.  I tried the aircon on and off and it works, now just have to wait for hot weather and traffic to test if this will fix the problem.  Stay tuned.

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest1510

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
So far so good, I have been in heavy traffic twice, once in sunny morning and another in morning rush hour.  Looks good, no more high rev in engine and the aircon works continously in any setting.  The removal of the shin has fixed the problem. 

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:33:32 PM »
A good result eh!

And 'Well done!' for posting the solution.

Tags:

anything