Author Topic: rear foglight 2010 jazz ex question  (Read 2185 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
rear foglight 2010 jazz ex question
« on: April 18, 2020, 07:27:03 PM »
hi all just been cleaning the car and checking over the lights and i have just realised there is only one rear fog lamp working?? drivers side ah i thought lamp must have blown so i removed the lens and there does not seem to be a lamp?? having had the car now for three years am i correct in saying the car has only one rear fog lamp??? and i have only just realised this??? the car has only one lamp drivers side??? is this correct?????

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: rear foglight 2010 jazz ex question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »
My 2006 has only the one.

FordPrefect8

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 EX 1.4 Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 08:31:11 PM »
hi all just been cleaning the car and checking over the lights and i have just realised there is only one rear fog lamp working?? drivers side ah i thought lamp must have blown so i removed the lens and there does not seem to be a lamp?? having had the car now for three years am i correct in saying the car has only one rear fog lamp??? and i have only just realised this??? the car has only one lamp drivers side??? is this correct?????

That is correct :D I found it out when doing lightbulb overhaul, confirmed in manual.

stesjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 jazz 1.4ex azure blue
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 06:10:04 PM »
YES THATS RIGHT, JUST THE ONE. BASICALLY THE TIGHT ARSE MANUFACTURERS JUST FIT WHATS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR EACH COUNTRYS RULES..... ::)

pathfinder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz ES CVT GG6
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »
Since 1 April 1980 cars have to have ONE rear fog lamp, fitted on the offside.
I think the reason for one is to avoid confusion with brake lights.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 02:40:02 PM »
They have to have a MINIMUM of one fitted on the offside. My 2000 Volvo had two fitted as many cars have.
There is a minimum distance (100 mm) that fog lights need to be positioned from rear/brake lights to avoid confusion.

From Road vehicle lighting regs.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/11/made

12.  Other requirements–
Where two rear fog lamps are fitted to a motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1986 or to a trailer manufactured on or after 1st October 1985 they shall form a matched pair.
13.  Definitions–
In this Schedule “approval mark” means either–
(a)a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 5 of the Designation of Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 20 of Schedule 4 to those Regulations; or
(b)a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 4 of the Designation of Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 38 of Schedule 2 to those Regulations.
PART II
Requirements relating to optional rear fog lamps
1.  In the case of a motor vehicle first used before 1st April 1980 and any other vehicle manufactured before 1st October 1979, any number may be fitted and the only requirements prescribed by these Regulations in respect of any which are fitted are those specified in paragraphs 2(d), 7 and 10 of Part I.
2.  In the case of a motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1980 and any other vehicle manufactured on or after 1st October 1979, not more than two may be fitted and the requirements prescribed by these Regulations in respect of any which are fitted are all those specified in this Schedule.

Tags:

anything