Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Whatcar Car of the Year 2024
« Last post by 5thcivic on Today at 08:19:10 PM »
The top grade is pushing near 40 grand, and presumably it is a cvt gearbox, which won't be as much fun away from traffic lights I guess? I would be prepared to pay some for that interior if it is a good as they say, particularly like the display in the dash design, rather than a tablet glued on top, but I think inside it might be more cramped, and giving up the clever Honda engine/motor design would be regrettable.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: New Crosstar's bad smell
« Last post by Teatime on Today at 07:30:48 PM »
Sounds as if youíre coming round to continuing with the car and hoping itíll get better.

However, just in case youíre sufficiently motivated to take this further, this is a handy guide to your rights:
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights-aAnMC5b0ZzJb

For example, within the 30 days you have a RIGHT to reject for a full refund: the dealer canít simply say theyíre not going to play, that would not be legal. But you do need to prove thereís a fault (the dealerís original acknowledgement of an issue and subsequent actions would be a point in your favour) but, if he disagrees, thatís where you need to get the independent report to back you up.

After the 30 days you still have rights; you lose the right to reject but can still require the dealer to repair or replace, and if he canít or wonít then you should ask for a refund (heís entitled to deduct depreciation). Again having the independent report would be essential.

Thanks Colin B, returning it has proved challenging because there's nothing to see, it's not measurable, and the dealer claimed in the end not to smell anything untoward. I'm trying a few of the suggestions made in this thread to reduce the smell, and I'm also talking to a more helpful dealer about a trade-in and (literally!) a fresh start. I'd rather pay out for a resolution than spend money instructing experts and lawyers for an uncertain outcome. I hadn't bought a new car since 2006, so I'm learning as I go along.
Try midland Honda parts/AR Motor Works

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090808666603

Or phone 07368 449682
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Whatcar Car of the Year 2024
« Last post by Whiteshark on Today at 05:44:34 PM »
Lexus LBX just been voted the above. It is clearly based on the Toyota Yaris Cross, but made much more luxurious and quieter. It is interestingly being promoted as being excellent value , compared with every report I read about the Mk 4 Jazz as being ď expensiveĒ. Not seen or driven one, but by pricing it more competitively, Lexus are clearly wanting good sales figures.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: replacement fuse also blows
« Last post by HertsHonda on Today at 05:43:43 PM »
Being a Mk 3 owner I'm having trouble understanding the exact circuit you describing
Are the DAB and Satnav part of the Honda Infotainment System and is the Socket built in?
Or have you inserted a splitter into the wiring to power your own DAB / Satnav?
Either way - IMHO If a fuse is blowing there is probably a short circuit between the output of the fuse and the devices it protects or the device(s) have developed a fault.
Might be best to let an auto electrics or Honda dealer fix the problem.
So just to update on the ECU, its been 3 months now, the mechanic who is a well known transmission garage in Bradford (at least by Google) has still not found an ECU for gearbox, he mentioned twice that an ECU is been found but every time it was not compatible, the then mentioned that another one is available for £500 so the total cost will be £1700 which is obviously too high, now he is asking me to pay him £1000 and take my car from his garage (even that it is not fixed) and that I should look myself for an ECU and when i find it, he will replace it for an additional £200.

I have looked at local scrap yards here in Bradford and couldnt find any..

do I have to pay him ? i understand his perspective but he told me it would cost £1200 to get this fixed and now after three months he is still not able to get it fixed and i still have to pay him ?

attached  are ECU pictures, can someone please guide me where to find it
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Cvt gearbox
« Last post by Rivett on Today at 03:41:19 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join 
I have a question about the cvt gearbox, when we pull up at a junction or round about, when we start to accelerate the car seem to hesitate before picking up speed, ive had the gearbox oils replaced with the correct types of oil ,but it still persists.
Oddly enough it's only when turning left ,
Any help would be greatfully received, thanks in advance 👍
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 03:34:10 PM »
Itís with the dealer now so see what they find out ! Meanwhile have a HR-v to drive around in ! Bigger but not necessarily better . Engine is quieter but tyre noise is louder as is wind noise !
Thanks Lord Voltermore  for your suggestions . I will work through some and see what happens. Interestingly you mention other radio signal devices. I have a garage door fob on the same key ring which also seems to have been eating batteries more quickly than should be right. Even though they have been together the whole time its something to try.

I have both also but no battery problem, one car fob battery changed at just over 2 years old
I suggest cheapo batteries are to blame.

My 2012 Jazz is on its original key batteries  (Both sets of keys work perfectly)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10