Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Help !!! Superlocking stuck on.
« Last post by Redstart on Today at 07:30:42 PM »
No!! My mechanic had a look with his scanner today. Said he could lock it but not unlock it. The door handles inside move but don't unlock. He thinks either control unit or actuators. Though why they've all failed is odd. The previous two times this happened I got it open. Booked to main dealer next week. Let's hope they know what to do rather than just replace everything as they go...Contacted Honda uk to see if they've heard of it. Not heard back yet.
In 2013 I bought a 2005 Mk1 for my son, which my younger son still uses (on about 140,000 miles now). I drove it a bit and liked it so got myself a 2012 Mk2 to replace my company CRV. Wish I’d kept that Jazz.
You are correct. 2015 was the start of the Mk3. I only ever had a Mk1.
2013 is a Mk3. The new electric drive Jazz and Crosstar are Mk4s.
My spare wheel well on the Fabia had a lot of water in it and I partially put it down to the car being pressure washed when valeted. Since I dried it out I have had no re-occurrence.

2013 is a Mk2 actually Jocko. Not sure when the Mk3 launched but I think it was after that, maybe 2015.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Skoda Fabia.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:52:13 PM »
It’s no good Jocko you’ll just have to go LED  ??
No thanks. I will keep the car legal. Have considered :
https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/piaa-xtreme-white-plus-h4
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Battery jump info and other possibilities
« Last post by Pine on Today at 06:49:31 PM »
The negative cable from a battery charger should be connected to an earth point away from the battery, that is the norm now for any make of car.  If you connect directly across the battery you are bypassing the electronic battery management system and the ECU may not recognise that the battery has been charged. 
2013 is a Mk3. The new electric drive Jazz and Crosstar are Mk4s.
My spare wheel well on the Fabia had a lot of water in it and I partially put it down to the car being pressure washed when valeted. Since I dried it out I have had no re-occurrence.
Small addition: the Mk4 uses the high voltage battery to power the starter motor. The 12V battery is to power the control systems to make that happen. So no high current needed from your booster, making safety (away from battery) prevail from less resistance.
The - of the battery is connected to the car’s mass. If you connect to any mass point (needs to be bare metal) it will work. Connecting to the battery might be more tricky in a practical point of view: enough room for the connector, very close to + which is a risk etc.

Push starting won’t work because without power the system cannot set up the electric motor to act as a generator and also a 80 kW motor might be difficult to rotate when connected…
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10