Author Topic: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available  (Read 15605 times)

la14oldie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 3 SE Navi CVT
Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« on: January 17, 2024, 11:38:17 AM »
For those who do not already know, the Garmin Maps Europe 2024 are now available!

I have just installed them and, apart from a couple of dodgy looking messages at the start of the upload to the car (which disappeared without any action from me), the process went smoothly.

Happy motoring!

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 02:54:34 PM »
checked mine , no update available, maybe because I'm now having to pay as the 5 years free has expired.

Still on 2023, software version 3.39.

Perhaps Garmin / Honda are not bothering with upgrades for cars over 5 years old even if paid for.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 06:00:54 PM »
checked mine , no update available, maybe because I'm now having to pay as the 5 years free has expired.

Still on 2023, software version 3.39.

Perhaps Garmin / Honda are not bothering with upgrades for cars over 5 years old even if paid for.
Last year I've paid for the update. I mean, last year I received the message that there was an update but my free support was ended, so I had to pay (and I did it) to get the NT2023.0.
Now still no messages about updates...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 12:59:20 PM by jazzaro »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 09:36:50 AM »
Really strange, still no updates for my unit, software version 3.45, Italy, maps version Europe 2023.0

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 11:14:36 AM »
Map update finally avaiable for my Jazz, price 22,33€.
Tried this morning, update failed due to "not enough free space in the unit" error message.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 03:23:26 PM by jazzaro »

pebbles

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 02:33:44 PM »
UK update now available , £21.31 , for those of us with cars over 5 years old.

dayjavoo

• Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 05:54:39 PM »
Tried this morning, update failed due to "not enough free space in the unit" error message.

I've been struggling with this error for a week or so after trying to update my 2017 Jazz NAVI with 2024 maps.  All previous years updates I've tried have been successful.  Local dealer says they have never seen that error before.  I've tried a reboot with the buttons on the console but that didn't clear it.  Phoned Garmin who sent me instructions for freeing up space by deleting unused voice files, etc - but they are all integral in the car unit and inaccessible to me.  Dealer suggests I try a 'hard reset' by removing earth strap on battery for  an hour but I'm reluctant to try that in case it causes more problems.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 03:34:19 AM »
Typical Garmin cue card reply

Yes you can do all manner of things on a standalone PND to free up space but not on the Honda built in unit
Let's be careful out there !

pebbles

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 11:42:22 AM »
I've given up with it too, I guess Garmin and Honda will be blaming each other for the foreseeable future.

No big deal as now using Google maps most of the time , directions played through Bluetooth.

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 12:20:54 PM »
I've given up with it too, I guess Garmin and Honda will be blaming each other for the foreseeable future.

No big deal as now using Google maps most of the time , directions played through Bluetooth.

Do you have to select Bluetooth input on the head unit or does it work if you are using the car's radio? Last time we used the phone was in an emergency and my wife held the phone. We were aware of a closed motorway which the cars Navigation was directing us to whereas the phone redirected us correctly. I don't know if my or my wife's phone was connected to the car as both have the capacity to and don't know how to determine which is linked if both present.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 12:39:08 PM »

I've been struggling with this error for a week or so after trying to update my 2017 Jazz NAVI with 2024 maps.  All previous years updates I've tried have been successful.  Local dealer says they have never seen that error before.  I've tried a reboot with the buttons on the console but that didn't clear it.  Phoned Garmin who sent me instructions for freeing up space by deleting unused voice files, etc - but they are all integral in the car unit and inaccessible to me.  Dealer suggests I try a 'hard reset' by removing earth strap on battery for  an hour but I'm reluctant to try that in case it causes more problems.
The issue could be the update file size: while previous map updates were about 8gb, this is 9gb and it could be too big for our memory pack.
Next weekend I will try to install it again, even installing again the unit firmware.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2024, 01:13:27 PM »
My experience with the MK4 Garmin update would backup the file size issue

After my last Garmin update the MyMaps display shows data from 2021, 2022 and 2023

On the Garmin standalone units the whole database is replaced so MyMaps just shows the latest. I suspect at some point in the future the MK4 will become full and will need a full clear out just like the MK3 mentioned here
Let's be careful out there !

pebbles

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 01:50:05 PM »

Do you have to select Bluetooth input on the head unit or does it work if you are using the car's radio? Last time we used the phone was in an emergency and my wife held the phone. We were aware of a closed motorway which the cars Navigation was directing us to whereas the phone redirected us correctly. I don't know if my or my wife's phone was connected to the car as both have the capacity to and don't know how to determine which is linked if both present.

I pair the phone with the head unit ( Honda HFT ) and select bluetooth audio input , open Garmin maps and in the settings / navigation enable play voice over bluetooth.

If I want some music  or radio ( BBC Sounds app ) at the same time I use the phone and the music will automatically reduce in volume when Google maps is giving voice directions.

There is also an option in GMaps  to play or not to play the voice directions during phone calls

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 02:20:59 PM »
My experience with the MK4 Garmin update would backup the file size issue

After my last Garmin update the MyMaps display shows data from 2021, 2022 and 2023

On the Garmin standalone units the whole database is replaced so MyMaps just shows the latest. I suspect at some point in the future the MK4 will become full and will need a full clear out just like the MK3 mentioned here
In the first step of the map update, the unit writes a folder on a pendrive (called Garmin) with a file (garmin device.xml) containing all info about the unit, including the avaiable memory size.
In the second step, this file read by GarminExpress app running on a pc is used to generate the proper  set of update files, and I think that the avaiable memory size should be considered. This does not happen because the unit, once reconnected the pendrive, says "not enough free space in the unit".
To be precise: EU2023 7,68GB, EU2024 8,41GB.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 06:46:32 PM by jazzaro »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 08:22:39 AM »
Map update is no more avaiable for my unit, I hope Garmin is trying to fix the size issue.

Tags:

anything