Author Topic: Cox motors wheels  (Read 5056 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Cox motors wheels
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
Hi, have looked at cox motors for spare full size wheel and tools etc and they say that it just drops in and the boot floor is not a problem, can anyone confirm this. many thanks.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Cox motors wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »
I bought the space saver and expanded polystyrene filler for my MK3.
The full size wheel will fit but does it come with the polystyrene packer?
Because the the boot "carpet" will need to be supported as it is very thin.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
This quote from a previous thread about the flimsy MK 3 boot floor may be helpful, though I haven't tried it myself as I have the spacesaver kit.

"with regard to the boot floor issue when using a full size spare the simple solution
is to get some 10 mm thick plywood  cut this to to the size 800mmx470 mm paint
it matt black this will fit perfectly inside the ridge on the wheel well giving a perfectly flat stiff
floor total cost 5 pounds .this is for the 2016 honda jazz,do not waste any time writing to car makers
they never respond and wil not get in to a dialogue with the customers.
hope this is of some use to jazz owners"

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »
Here's a pic of my floor support, from an earlier discussion.....

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10270.msg61468#msg61468

When loading the car, I often kneel, over the spare wheel area. It supports my weight, with no problems....  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 04:10:56 PM »
I make do with a rug & various tools around a spacesaver to support boot floor ... still half considering a boot tray to stop muck getting down into wheel well though

Lindajimbob40

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 1.3
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 05:06:39 PM »
Hello,  I have just registered today so don’t know what I’m doing but I have a spare wheel problem,  too.

I bought my brand new Jazz EX two weeks ago and didn’t realise until after the purchase of a full size spare from Cox and the removal of the polystyrene thingumibob that it has an impossibly small well with no securing bolt hole.  Churchill,  my insurers, have assured me that an unsecured wheel isn’t a problem as far as they are concerned.  It might,  potentially,  be a problem for me in case of an accident. 🤔  I now await a spacesaver but the well is so small that I’m not hopeful.  An old Jazz space saver recovered from the back of my shed is proud of the well despite its slim proportions.

The full size spare is advertised as suitable for my Jazz and I did provide the registration number.  Cox were astounded that the wheel wouldn’t fit.  They requested a photo but I visited the dealer where they were also astounded and two members of staff had to view said small well with their own eyes. Anyway,  to cut a long story short,  refund gladly given by Cox.

Now, it was obvious that I am a spare wheel fanatic during the purchase procedure as I made it clear.  I asked whether the spare from my older Jazz would be suitable.  Naturally,  I would require a decent sized well.  It’s a bit like ordering a dress in pink and receiving a yellow one.  There’s nothing actually wrong with the car,  it’s just not suitable for me.  Other cars in the showroom of the same model as mine do have a full sized well.

What to do?  Has anyone else purchased such a car?

Thank you.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
Your new spacesaver will be the same size as the old one.  If the well is smaller than other Jazzes, what is occupying the rest of the space?  There must be dead space underneath.  Can the dealer not explain the difference?

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
have heard of this with current shape HR-V (Jazz based) as it has bigger wheels but never the Jazz itself .. very strange as I got a spare locked in easily - spare came with locking bolt

Lindajimbob40

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »
I’m thinking this,  too,  but I want to be absolutely certain hence the purchase of the space saver.  Everyone at the dealership is as baffled as I am about the size of the well.  Not good if you are adamant that you are a lone female needing the reassurance of a spare.  There was no mention of an optional spare well before purchase.  They do seem to have been genuinely unaware.

Its function seems to be as a storage space for the newfangled ‘goo’ that we are expected to use these days.  I don’t do ‘goo’.  When you remove the black polystyrene insert it is just an unlined space.  Painted metal.

I am considering rejecting the car as not suitable for me.  I had to order the car so didn’t see it until I collected it. Naturally,  I expected the car to be the same as the cars in the showroom.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:59:46 PM by Lindajimbob40 »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »
The plot thickens!!  Today I took delivery of a brand new EX model, which the salesperson described as a 2020 model year. I can confirm that the boot will not take full size spare wheel, in fact I don't think it will take a spacesaver either, since there is no provision for any holding down bolt, ie no tapped hole to receive the bolt.
I was certainly not told of this change prior to purchase, so I will visiting the d

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
Pressed the wrong button again!
Continuing the last sentence,,  I will be visiting the dealer first thing in the morning to find out why i was not told.
I have had a full size wheel in the boot for some years and I'm certainly happy about giving it up.
Watch this space!!!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »
Kenneve. You don't have to worry if you press the wrong button. Just "Modify" the original, to correct any mistakes.

Lindajimbob40

• Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »
Ha!  So I’m not the only one,  then!  It’s a comfort to know.

Where do we stand with this?  I did sign a fair amount of paperwork when I collected the car and I’m thinking that there may be some small print in there I’m not going to like.

It appears that the dealers may have been kept in the dark,  too,  though I note that Kenneve has been told that his is a 2020 model.  My dealers now have a car identical to mine in the showroom but,  guess what,  it has a full size well.   .  We all have different preferences.  Where there’s an option we should be told.  They were certainly keen enough to tell me about all the other gubbings I’m never going to use!

Go for it,  Kenneve.   

PS.   And,  another thing,  where has the space gone?  It must be hiding underneath the car.  What’s the use of that?  If it was still in the car anyone not wanting a spare could use it for muddy,  stinky boots.  They’ve no imagination!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:17:03 PM by Lindajimbob40 »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »
Intriguing! Has Honda stealthily introduced a vehicle built on a hybrid-capable platform? (ie that missing space under the boot floor could hold a battery). Or were there some left-over Mk. 3 body shells which were intended to be hybrids (which they've been selling in Asia). Which could mean that the Mk. 4 isn't far away.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:40 PM »

Tags: