Author Topic: 2018 facelift differences  (Read 5278 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: 2018 facelift differences
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 09:53:13 PM »
Hello, there are indeed some changes.

- reinforced car body
- different shape of the black trim what is left and right from windshield to reduce wind noise
- better soundproofing (2mm layer -> 3mm layer)
- front bumper has a different shaped (smaller) under-spoiler
- [not sure] different angle of (at least one) pedal (don't know which one it may be)
- [not sure] improved steering and suspension
- [not sure] some engine modifications

I got my information from this japenese brochure. I do not speak japanese, so I can only guess some of the changes, which I claimed with [not sure]. Sorry for my bad english, I am from Germany.

https://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/fit/201706/FIT_201706.pdf
Thanks, but  this brochure refers to the japanese version, and european models can be different.

MAZI

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 10:57:06 PM »
No longer cheap roadtax/ VED on post 2017 cars as I understand it

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
New VED rates applied from 1st April 2017 so some 17 plates will qualify for cheap rates.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
It's not just that.
Some seem to be 116gkm co2 which is fine and some seem to be 120gkm which is just over for cheap tax. I'm looking at EX models and they seem to be higher co2 which is very strange

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 06:48:04 AM »
If EX models have larger and wider wheels and more weight, that will be enough to increase CO2 levels..

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 03:36:31 PM »
Quote from: ColinB
Other people have observed that the very latest cars have a different design of the "sub-trunk" area (ie under the boot floor), which makes it impossible to carry even a space-saver spare wheel. It's not clear exactly when this design change happened. If you want to carry a spare, check that you can.

Not sure if this is the case with other facelift Jazz's but our 18-plate 1.5 sport comfortably fits not only a space saver wheel, but a full size alloy wheel - with room to spare. So much so, I'm having to fabricate something to stop the boot floor from flexing too much.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
It is the late 19 plate (2020 model) that has the small storage space.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »
It is the late 19 plate (2020 model) that has the small storage space.
People use to say that the best moment to buy a new car is near the end of its production, just before the next generation come, but this is not true... During the commercial lifecycle of a car model (about 7-8 years), the first half is spent by the manufacturer to solve problems and known faults, while the second half is spent in cost cutting, trying to save money in assembly lines simplifying and removing hidden parts but avoinding customers know this. So the peak quality moment of a car model is the year across the facelift, six months before and six after.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
Car makers never really change anything of substance during a facelift,  as it suggests it is just cosmetic changes to maybe boost flagging sales - and a facelift normally happens towards the middle of a models run to freshen up its appearance.

The best time to buy a car is certainly not when they first appear in the showroom and demand is high, as prices will also be high and a car maker struggling to meet demand may cut corners.  Wait until the stock starts to build up - you may have to be patient for 12 months or more,  but a secondhand car a few years old that has lost a lot of depreciation is probably still the wisest buy -  but especially in UK ( where the date of registration is on the numberplate ) some people cannot wait,  you can always get a vanity plate to hide the vehicles age I suppose.....

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/037-buying-newly-redesigned-car.shtml
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »
I brought my 19 plate Ex CVT a couple of weeks before the 69 plate started and saved circa £2500, against a previous quote a couple months earlier, so it certainly pays to plan ahead.
I can confirm Jocko's comment, the reduced depth spare wheel space was introduced for the 2020My, we think to create a common floorpan with the hybrid version, thus creating space for the hybrid battery.
The same Honda bulletin also states, the Sport version and the colour Sunset Orange are discontinued

So if you particularly want spare wheel space, then you need to get in quick for 1919My vehicle, although I guess at this point in time they will be difficult to find.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 08:14:32 PM »
The change in the boot floor of the 2020YM Jazz is due to the latest emission regulation, WLTP EVAP which came in for all newly registered vehicles after 01/09/19. On Jazz this meant a larger fuel carbon cannister in the fuel breather system, this is now located under the boot floor, as it was previously located beside the fuel tank but the new larger size cannot fit there.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 08:44:13 PM »
Thanks for the info, Steve_M.
I'll have to have a look at mine, when my aches and pains will let me get down there😧

Just as a point of inerest, what happens to 1919my stock, when sold and registered after the due date?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »

Just as a point of inerest, what happens to 1919my stock, when sold and registered after the due date?

As far as I'm aware all 2019YM must be registered by the 01/09/2019 cut off, thou some special registration exemption can be applied for in each individual case, normally only up to 1 year after.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
The change in the boot floor of the 2020YM Jazz is due to the latest emission regulation, WLTP EVAP which came in for all newly registered vehicles after 01/09/19. On Jazz this meant a larger fuel carbon cannister in the fuel breather system, this is now located under the boot floor, as it was previously located beside the fuel tank but the new larger size cannot fit there.
I thought new regulations depen on the date the model gets type approval rather than the date of individual registration, but I may be wrong.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 02:19:53 PM »
I thought new regulations depen on the date the model gets type approval rather than the date of individual registration, but I may be wrong.
I cannot see how registration date could be a factor. Vehicles manufactured after a certain date, yes, but if registration was a factor then does that mean that all the cars parked at ports and delivery sites are unable to be sold and are only suitable for spares?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »
Some more info what the EVAP regulation means.

"The Euro 6d TEMP EVAP ISC emission standard will become mandatory for all newly registered vehicles with the second stage of the WLTP type test from September 1, 2019."

https://www.enginetechnologyinternational.com/videos/volkswagen-explains-euro-6d-temp-evap-isc.html

Also how WLTP implementation and End of Series works.

https://wltpfacts.eu/when-will-wltp-changes-take-place/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:40:19 PM by Steve_M »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
So all Honda models sold after 1st Sept obviously meet the WLTP protocol, not just the 2020 models.

Tags: