Author Topic: Squeaky Clutch pedal (SOLVED)  (Read 9756 times)

Matt Chrome

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
Squeaky Clutch pedal (SOLVED)
« on: June 21, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »
I have some very good info for all those plagued by a squeaky clutch pedal! The squeak is almost definitely coming from inside the master cylinder, where there is metal to metal contact. This explains why some people cannot hit the spot by lubricating the pedal. and why some people have even had to replace the master cylinder! The cure is easy and instant, just push the pedal down enough to see some open space beside the cylinder pushrod, and using the little plastic tube supplied with a can of white lithium grease, just squirt some into the void. Mine has been as quiet as a mouse ever since I did it. Please let me know how you get on!

guest6981

Re: Squeaky Clutch pedal (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
I've got that too.  It's noisy but I don't notice it so much now.  However my passengers do!

I'll try what you suggest and let you know.

guest6991

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:33:27 AM »
My mechanic solved this one for me 6 months ago. at the beginning it was completely quiet, but now some times I hear a little squeak (no one else can hear it  :D. probably it is already in my head  :P)

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 11:00:07 PM »
Old thread alert!

Trying to get rid of the squeaky clutch sound (I notice it most when I lift off the Clutch).

So am I accessing the master cylinder from inside the car and down in the footwell? I'm trying to workout where to spray the lube.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:09:12 AM »
just push the pedal down enough to see some open space beside the cylinder pushrod, and using the little plastic tube supplied with a can of white lithium grease, just squirt some into the void.
It would appear that you spray it from inside the car. Unless you have an accomplice, it would be challenging to partially depress the clutch pedal AND spray the lube unless working in the footwell.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:54:56 PM by Jocko »

nadabro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 11:28:42 AM »
Hi..

I also have a squeaky clutch pedal..its more noticed in dry weather. Very annoying in the summer  :D

Any lithium grease will work?

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 11:01:05 AM »
Well no luck!

I really struggled to get grease down the gap, so it's possible I didn't get it in the right place. Certainly I got some in there.

As you can hear in the video it hasn't helped at all.

The sound is definitely heard coming from the exterior of the vehicle rather than from the actual clutch pedal.

bellewalk34

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.4 2005
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »
I have some very good info for all those plagued by a squeaky clutch pedal! The squeak is almost definitely coming from inside the master cylinder, where there is metal to metal contact. This explains why some people cannot hit the spot by lubricating the pedal. and why some people have even had to replace the master cylinder! The cure is easy and instant, just push the pedal down enough to see some open space beside the cylinder pushrod, and using the little plastic tube supplied with a can of white lithium grease, just squirt some into the void. Mine has been as quiet as a mouse ever since I did it. Please let me know how you get on!
Hi could you please explain with details what and were to grease the points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 01:03:35 PM »

Hi could you please explain with details what and were to grease the points

Not advisable to get petroleum based products anywhere near materials and seals designed for Glycol based fluids ( car brake fluid ).  Lithium greases often use petroleum based oils as the carrier,  and special greases like red rubber ( castor oil based IIRC ) or silicon based greases and oils should be used.

Not changing brake and clutch fluid often enough can cause corrosion ( the fluid absorbs water as it ages ) and other mischief like squeaks in cylinders and other components, and ABS systems do not like dirty fluid. I try to flush brake and clutch system fluids every 2 to 3 years.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything