Author Topic: Jazz MK 1 CVT Replacement Lamda Sensor Problems  (Read 583 times)

Nikolides

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 1 1.4 CVT
Jazz MK 1 CVT Replacement Lamda Sensor Problems
« on: February 24, 2021, 05:13:11 PM »
Hi All, sorry to say I am yet another victim of the Stolen Cat Saga. I had it replaced with sensors by a local mechanic. Since then all is fine until I go on the motorway, after about 10 miles the engine light comes on. Back on short run around journeys it goes off until my next 70mph excursion. I have been back to the garage, he reseet it a couple of times saying it was something to do with the injectors, maybe one is sticking at hight speeds. I have had them ultrasonically cleaned and tested. They were tested before and after and all fine so a bit of a waste of time and money. Still the same symptoms. Any thoughts on this one please?  All was fine before the Cat was stolen. thanks

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Jazz MK 1 CVT Replacement Lamda Sensor Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:31:26 PM »
If all was fine before the cat disappeared, it points to the fault being with the replacement parts.

Without the error code, it's not easy to make a guess at where the problem could lie. Do you have a record of it?

Nikolides

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 1 1.4 CVT
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »
Thanks Sparky, Exactly, it must be something to do with the changed items. Unfortunately I don't have the codes, perhaps i will go back there and get him to put the reader on it again and make a note. I will let you know when I have been able to get some codes. Thanks

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 07:00:58 PM »
Something like a manifold joint leak, or an intermittent lambda sensor connection is enough to cause a fault code. It may not be anything serious.

Tags:

anything