Author Topic: LED Headlight Bulb Replacements  (Read 2495 times)

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
Re: LED Headlight Bulb Replacements
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 10:32:34 AM »
I'm aware. I'm more looking for thoughts on drivability and reliability.
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2021, 11:19:40 AM »
Reading this thread makes the classic car led bulb a good contender for upgrade. Am I right in thinking that nothing needs cutting or modifying to fit? No rubber seals or grommets to cut etc?

Any long term experience of their use also?

Thanks.

Had the classicarleds H4 in  since June 2017 - in motorbike and 2 cars ( Jazz Mk2 and Civic ).  No problems at all.   You re-use the existing rubber grommet from the filament bulb, unscrew the finned heatsink from rear of bulb,  fit the bulb, replace the rubber grommet and screw the heatsink back onto rear of bulb. Plug the flying  lead from rear of bulb into the constant current driver module, then plug the 3 pin female connector that used to plug onto back of filament bulb into the male 3 pin on flying lead from constant current driver.   I got a bulb for motorbike first to check beam pattern and brightness and was happy so got them for both cars. It is the extra light on verge makes them much better for country roads,  there is not so much extra light on centre of road to bother oncoming traffic, the beam pattern and cut-off are great.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

billyausten

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »
Perfect, Thanks.
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

billyausten

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »
Last question: I take it everyone using these bulbs has a standard reflector? Ie they have not split the headlight and fitted a projector? In my case it would just be a 2008 stock headlight.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »
Stock headlights on our 2005 with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything