Author Topic: Honda Jazz radio problems  (Read 19311 times)

guest1344

Honda Jazz radio problems
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »
I have a 2002 Honda Jazz 1.4SE, with a factory fitted Honda cassette/radio head unit and CD player in the glove box.

Recently the radio has started to change stations automatically while I'm listening. I have disabled the traffic alerts and news features, but the stations keep changing. It primarily changes between 95.8 Capital FM, 102.2 Smooth FM and 105.4 Magic. The radio is preset to Capital, but it will switch between the other two even though they are not programmed in.

The only icon on the screen i have not been able to turn of is "TP", even though i have tried all the buttons. I do not what this is or if it could be causing the problem.

This has made it near impossible to listen to the radio while driving as it will keep changing between stations, sometimes after a few seconds or every few minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or knows how i may be able to resolve it?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Jazz radio problems
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »
Could be the RDS function that is causing radio to change channels.

Look at your handbook and  it says that RDS will cause the radio to tune into a stronger frequency that carries the same programs (I think this means it chooses another station with same content, eg, pop music, news etc to the one you are listening to).  It also tells you how to turn RDS off, because its one of those things that comes on automatically when you switch radio on. -To switch RDS off, press PWR/VOL knob to turn radio on, press PWR/VOL knob for more than 2 seconds, and press the PRESET 1 button, then press PWR/VOL knob.

The 'TP' indicator is not under your control and will display only when you are tuned into a station that broadcasts traffic information, which you can recieve if you press 'TA' button (top RH button of radio)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1344

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda Jazz radio problems
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Thank you sooooo much. I pressed the power/volume knob and pressed 1 and the screen said "AF OFF". I had to reprogram all my presets, but after driving around for 20 minutes the station remained unchanged :D.

Just to make sure it turned it back to "AF ON" and it started changing by itself straight away. And then turned it back off again.

I can only assume i some how accidentally managed to trigger it in the first place. At least if it happens again i will know how to resolve it.

Tags: