Author Topic: Service plan.  (Read 3510 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Service plan.
« on: August 19, 2016, 09:17:15 AM »
My car invoice shows a five year service plan. The dealer said it takes Honda UK about three months to process the admin for them and send the documentation.  The Honda UK website shows no plan for my car. Anyone know why Honda is so slow, they were not slow in selling me a car?

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Re: Service plan.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
Mine took about two months....no idea what it takes so long.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:47:07 AM »
I suppose there's no urgency - the vast majority of owners aren't going to need it for 12months, and the dealer knows anyway.

It's a bit daft from Honda's perspective though as the typical Jazz demographic is an impatient old person. :)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »
Did your service plan come FOC as part of the deal?
I have just ordered a EX for Sept delivery and my dealer is charging me £555 for a 5 year service plan.
I suppose for 5 years, that is not a bad price, but it would nice to know whether others dealers are including it FOC.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
I was told that the subsidised service plan is funded by Honda UK, and basically its tied to the VIN number, so you can take the car to any Honda main dealer and the first five services are covered by the plan.
I never had a service plan booklet or documentation. I also put my private plate on the car, moved house, so changed main dealers and still had no problem with them.
I hope that helps.  :D

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
Did your service plan come FOC as part of the deal?
I have just ordered a EX for Sept delivery and my dealer is charging me £555 for a 5 year service plan.
I suppose for 5 years, that is not a bad price, but it would nice to know whether others dealers are including it FOC.

It appears separately on the invoice, as does the spare wheel kit. The whole new car deal was discounted to the price of the pre registered car I went to enquire about + £300. The pre registered car (sold as a used car) would have had two years less warranty and no service package or spare wheel. I bought at the end of a month with a dealer sales bonus deadline approaching but just leaving time to register the car before the bonus deadline. I never bother about how the figures within the deal are massaged, (trade in, car price , extras, etc) the bottom line or price to change is all that matters. Always remember they want your money more than you want their car. ;-)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 10:18:38 PM by Deeps »

Tags: