Author Topic: New Jazz Hybrid  (Read 11866 times)

guest4078

New Jazz Hybrid
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »
Anticipation mounting, excitement at fever pitch. A week to go now before my new Hybrid arrives. Red, HS trim.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
Re: New Jazz Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
I know exactly how your feeling, mine is due week commencing the 19th May. The dealer has it and is getting it registered and adding details like the reversing detectors. I was surprised they didn't come fitted from the factory. Mine is white in Luxury trim, which may be a French option name.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
I like the white but it was an extra cost on the lease and I'm too mean to pay for a colour. I do have a slight doubt over not getting the top model with leather and the roof thing, but it is a working car ( = I'm too mean to pay the extra).

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
I have the HS in Storm Silver, its a working car for me, its my tuition car as a driving instructor, so it has taken some abuse. It has now reached 104,000 faultless miles, hopefully yours will be as reliable.

Welcome aboard  :D :D

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »
I have the HS in Storm Silver, its a working car for me, its my tuition car as a driving instructor, so it has taken some abuse. It has now reached 104,000 faultless miles, hopefully yours will be as reliable.

Welcome aboard  :D :D
I've been reading your space shuttle mileage thread, very encouraging just how durable the Jazz is. Normally I just potter around in about a 20 mile radius but five times a year I do a 1,800 mile round trip between the UK and France. This is summer and winter driving hence reliability is everything to me.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:16:39 AM »
I like the white but it was an extra cost on the lease and I'm too mean to pay for a colour. I do have a slight doubt over not getting the top model with leather and the roof thing, but it is a working car ( = I'm too mean to pay the extra).
The white is €460 cheaper in France and I got a good deal because he had the car in stock. I wanted the Luxury model which has everything the Exclusive has except heated leather seats and Bluetooth hands free phone. If all goes to plan I will collect it next Tuesday afternoon, he said it will take at least an hour to explain everything. Pleased I've been doing my homework with the French users handbook.

I contacted Honda UK asking for a PDF of the handbook in English. They weren't helpful, just saying I could buy the handbook, here's a link to all UK dealers. Serves me right for being lazy with my French.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 11:31:12 PM »
Well, I did a bit of sitting in a showroom HX trim car, in the white and with leather seats and the glass roof and all and I was very tempted. It wasn't a huge amount more a month but it all adds up, especially at my age and with salary sacrifice. Also, it would be a waste as I only drive from one patient to the next, and the zimmers would not do the leather any good.
With regard to the handbook I did find an english language owners manual in pdf on the web, but it does not cover the hybrid, in fact the owners manual with our new 1.2S doesn't either. So does one get a full owners  manual specific to the hybrid or just an extra handbook with hybrid specific info?

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »
In France the Luxury model includes the glass roof so the car versions are not exactly the same, just with different names. The drivers handbook is only for the Hybrid versions and it's a whopping 464 pages. That said, I'm sure a lot of it is relevant to the non-hybrid versions.

I went to arrange for insurance yesterday and it's 70 euros cheaper than my 11 year old Picasso! That apparently includes a 15% discount for Hybrid vehicles. I don't know if that exists in the UK.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 02:07:43 AM »
Might not read that then.
I like the glass roofs, had them on other cars and I'm a fan.
Don't know about the insurance, the nhs lease includes insurance and maintenance, so cannot separate out the cost of insurance. I will ask my current insurers about that.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »
Could not resist.  I went for a drive in one at our local Honda dealer.  What astonished me the most is the accelleration.  On the motorway, in no time at all it was doing 120km/hr with plenty of spare oomph

But at R 370 000 (£24 000) not just yet thank you.  Just a tiny "HYBRID" badge on the boot.  So understated
If music be the food of love, play on

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »
Just 44hrs to go before I collect my Jazz. I didn't get to test drive the hybrid on a motorway because the dealer didn't want mileage put on the new car. However it was obviously a very nippy vehicle. Especially compared to my diesel.

If you're not sure about the Hybrid badge, you can probably take it off. 😉

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
So, IT is arriving at 8am tomorrow.
Nice man is bringing it down from the NE on his transporter and tells me 'why man, its bright red!' in a very Newcastle accent. Worse than waiting for Santa - no sleep tonight.

guest4796

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »
I went and collected mine 14:00hrs this afternoon. Then I went on a 50km drive with the family to start getting used to it. SUPERB, BRILLIANT, FANTASTIC I just love this car and I'm sure you will to. I had my sleepless night last night so I hope to catch up tonight.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 08:43:52 PM »
Oh, well done. Congratulations, I'm so glad you liked it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:15:30 AM »
I'll be interested to know what mpg (measured using fuel into tank) you get. My 3 year old Hybrid has averaged 58mpg and I have (I think) a fairly frugal driving style. I had expected better.

Much of the benefit of the IMA system seems to be the extra low-end torque.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything