Author Topic: Jazz/Fit Hybrid - official  (Read 17052 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz/Fit Hybrid - official
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
The sad truth is that government subsidies, congestion charge exemption and draconian California state  laws and so on have distorted the market for cars in favour of Hybrids.

If you look the cost of hybrids and the often small saving in fuel (how many people really get over 60mpg out of a Prius without driving in manner that would get that kind of mpg in any small car especially small diesels) they just don't make financial sense to the average buyer who does not live in California or commute into London on a regular basis.  Unless you do an awful lot of miles per year the fuel savings are not going to stack up, and the extra manufacturing processes and recycling of batteries will surely outweigh any environmental savings.  I can't see how the argument for hydrogen powered cars can be financially sound either, bearing in mind that the only way we were taught to make hydrogen was to to pass electricity through water and trap the gas given off.

As for 'global warming', I don't know exactly when it happened but 'they' quietly changed it to 'climate change', I guess it would be about the time that 'they' realised we had experienced reductions in temperature during the previous 10 years. If this is the effect of global warming that I can see from my window then someone has invented high temperature snow and ice while I wasn't looking.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill888

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz/Fit Hybrid - official
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:19:40 AM by bill888 »
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

Tags:

anything