Author Topic: Radio Code grrrrr  (Read 37943 times)

MattJST

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4i-VTEC
Re: Radio Code grrrrr
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 06:07:05 PM »
Hi TG,

No probs  :)

And yes, that code is being stored everywhere  :D

guest7444

• Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Hi TG

Hope you can help a lady suffering in driving silence I've had the battery replaced on my Jazz but don't have the radio code and I'm unable to get to a local dealer.

s/n 26013317
vin JHMGE67609S229862

Many thanks
 :-*

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 08:37:08 PM »
Try 62313.

Add to glovebox etc. so garage can reset it next time.
--
TG

guest7452

• Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
Hi TG, need your help with radio.

S/N: 28014125
VIN: SHHGG5730BU002975

Thanks.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »
Try 56324
--
TG

guest7460

• Topic Starter
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
Hey TG
Wondering if you could please help me, just forked out for a new clutch and now I need to do the code on my radio. I don’t think my wallet can handle another expense, would you be able to help me with one please.
S/N: 26005361
VIN: JHMGE67609S211223
Thanks.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »

guest7467

• Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
Hi all,
Apologies if this is off topic as this is regarding my Jazz II sat nav system.
The scenario is the same with the battery having been disconnected but it is asking for a 4 digit code - not 5.
Mu local friendly Honda shop claims that is a user chosen code - and will charge €200 for sending it to UK for unlocking.
On the other hand other posters in this forum says Honda can generate 4 digit codes as well.

TG: is there any chance that your program can give med an unlock code for this situation?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
I'll give it a go, VIN + 8 digit serial please, codes for Navi units should be OK. I assume digits 0 through 9 can be entered as you are not stuck with just the presets of a regular unit.
--
TG

guest7467

• Topic Starter
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
I'll give it a go, VIN + 8 digit serial please, codes for Navi units should be OK. I assume digits 0 through 9 can be entered as you are not stuck with just the presets of a regular unit.
--
TG
Hmm the only serial I have is

CLAAGU

from the anti-theft sticker (which has no code printed on in)
I have not been able to get the unit to display the serial.
The unit is a SD navigation system, BTW.

VIN: LUCGG3760C3207989

But thanks for replying back to me quickly.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2018, 11:46:29 PM »
OK, serial can be found in a similar way to a standard radio/cd unit (hold preset 1 & 6 down while powering on).

Edit: Just watched a demo video of the SD Navi unit, different buttons to the generic version below but serial may be easier to get if it lets you do this - press Menu, then select Information, then Navigation Version, serial should be on screen.  The method below makes less sense for SD units but maybe the only option when code locked.

For some Honda Navi units generic instructions suggests hold down Map, Menu & Cancel (or Back depending on labels) for a good 10 seconds at the code entry screen. From the menu pick Self Diagnosis Mode (or Unit Check on other models), then ECU info (or Navi ECU).  Let it do it's thing and the code should be shown when finished.  May have 3 letters in front of the 8 digits, but I probably only need the 8 digits like 23001234.

Your code might already be on a sticker in the glove box or under the fuse box cover.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest7467

• Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
OK, serial can be found in a similar way to a standard radio/cd unit (hold preset 1 & 6 down while powering on).

Edit: Just watched a demo video of the SD Navi unit, different buttons to the generic version below but serial may be easier to get if it lets you do this - press Menu, then select Information, then Navigation Version, serial should be on screen.  The method below makes less sense for SD units but maybe the only option when code locked.

For some Honda Navi units generic instructions suggests hold down Map, Menu & Cancel (or Back depending on labels) for a good 10 seconds at the code entry screen. From the menu pick Self Diagnosis Mode (or Unit Check on other models), then ECU info (or Navi ECU).  Let it do it's thing and the code should be shown when finished.  May have 3 letters in front of the 8 digits, but I probably only need the 8 digits like 23001234.

Your code might already be on a sticker in the glove box or under the fuse box cover.
--
TG
I am having difficulty finding the serial.
My Nav looks like attached pic with neither CANCEL nor BACK button. Have not been able to get into any menu from the input screen displayed.
Have tried MAP, MENU, OPTION and any other combinations with the first two keys.
Have already checked the glove compartment for code sticker but will check fuse box when I get to the car.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

guest7474

• Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »
is there any chance the christmas spirit still has some left as parents just bought a jazz and enter code comes up please help s/n is 28044228 please help if possible tg

guest7474

• Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »

--
TG

hi tg

is there any chance the christmas spirit still has some left as parents just bought a jazz and enter code comes up please help s/n is 28044228 please help if possible tg

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
@MajorG
On the latest full touch screen units, the diagnostic menu is reached by simultaneously pressing Power, Home & Eject.  There may be a combination similar to this?  Hopefully there are not too many permutations to try, but again maybe this menu is only available when unlocked. Another possibility is the backspace key on screen?

Removing the unit to read the code on the back is not too difficult: (http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000001252.html) but original dealer or national Honda may be able to provide unlock code, may just be a case of ringing a few different times.

Sorry I can't be of much more use, but its something I don't have available to test & no-one has put a 'How to' video on YouTube for this yet.
--
TG

Tags:

anything