Author Topic: fuel filter replacment  (Read 7703 times)

204driver

fuel filter replacment
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
Anyone replaced the fuel filter themselves on the jazz as it looks a pig of a job in the haynes book??!!

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: fuel filter replacment
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »
No not yet. Its funny the petrol civic of the same vintage doesn't need the fuel filter to be changed. Its there for life. The one on the jazz doesn't need doing until about 60,000 odd miles so I have a long way to go. Probably leave it unless I get problems.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:43:35 AM by JazzyB »

guest882

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:41:43 AM »
I own  a 2004 Jazz, and the fuel pump broke...the local Honda dealer said that a new one cost 350 euros and it comes together with the fuel filter,so I could not order the pump separately.Anyway, I recently bought the Haynes manual,and it took me about 30 min to dismantle the fuel filter after i took it off the car.So it's not such a pig of a job  if you follow the instructions in the manual ;D

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »
And the instructions say.........??

Any help appreciated please as I don't have a Haynes manual

guest882

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »
The instructions are very detailed but there is also a lot to explain....and you should also see the pictures.first you should take off the center console(including the handbrake),then unscrew a cap,unplug some wires,then unscrew a very very tight cap which holds down the fuel pump.After these steps you get to the fuel pump which is integrated in the fuel filter.The local Honda dealer said that you can not order only the fuel filter,for it comes together with the fuel pump...
Anyway you should try and buy the Haynes manual,because it really is a lot to explain.I'm sorry I can't be more helpfull

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
 :D
i would have the garage do it..

caseyjones

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 11:38:05 PM »
Don't bother. With jobs that are as difficult as this one, you have to ask yourself how vital it is. What are the possible consequences of not doing it? If you don't check and maintain your tires properly, you risk your life. If you don't change your oil regularly, you risk your engine. But if you don't change the fuel filter religiously, the only risk you take is a tiny tiny chance of reduced fuel pressure from a blocked filter many years down the line. If the car's running OK, leave it alone.

Tags: