Author Topic: Honda Jazz emblem  (Read 2532 times)

4wheels

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2007 1.4 iDSI MK II
Re: Honda Jazz emblem
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 10:56:49 AM »
Matt or gloss black ?
Ooh, gloss black would look pretty sleek...

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 12:12:10 PM »
Especially with the gloss black surround.

4wheels

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »
It's perfectly safe to replace the airbag if you follow the deactivation procedure to the letter. It's a fair point about the old faulty airbags, but most mk1s scrapped now should have had any necessary replacements - and most sellers can give you the reg of the vehicle it came off.

As said earlier, my first port of call would certainly be trying Jocko's idea of checking the recall situation first, it's obviously not a new airbag the OP has fitted.

I did see one who masked up the badge and sprayed it silver, and that looked okay. You can actually get a very good chrome paint kit nowadays, but it's a bit of work to get the effect spot on.
I've followed advice from you and others and Honda have confirmed that there are 2 recalls for my Jazz, the passenger and driver airbags. Hurrah! :D I had no idea that this was so common, so it's great advice. I will arrange for the free refit from my local Honda dealership and I trust the badge problem will be solved. Thank you all again, I've learned so much. What a great forum ;D 

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »
I've followed advice from you and others and Honda have confirmed that there are 2 recalls for my Jazz, the passenger and driver airbags. Hurrah! :D I had no idea that this was so common, so it's great advice.

Bingo!  8)

Just get onto your Honda dealership, let them check your registration and book in for new airbags with a shiny new badge! They may have to order them in, but it will all be done FOC.

Jocko wins this one!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
I have the letter lying in front of me for the passenger airbag but what with the virus and MIL it is not really convenient to go and get it done.
When I had the driver's airbag replaced they also replaced electric window switches, another recall. The first airbag was damaged so I had to go back for a second visit, but on both occasions, I got a free loaner.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 02:03:47 PM »
I have the letter lying in front of me for the passenger airbag but what with the virus and MIL it is not really convenient to go and get it done.

No, I should wait until some sort of normality returns too. I don't think there's any major danger here, isn't it a problem that mainly affects high humidity countries?

Our mark 1 must have either been done before we bought it, or the airbags fitted were not affected, not sure which. As it came with a mountain of documentation and receipts, I thought there might have been some record in there. The mk2 had to go in for the passenger one shortly after we purchased it, it was done while she had a stroll around the shops - I presume the driver's side had already been done.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2021, 02:41:20 PM »
I don't think there's any major danger here
Certainly not. It's on her side, not mine.  ;D

I didn't get any paperwork when mine was done.

4wheels

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2021, 02:49:38 PM »

No, I should wait until some sort of normality returns too. I don't think there's any major danger here, isn't it a problem that mainly affects high humidity countries?

Our mark 1 must have either been done before we bought it, or the airbags fitted were not affected, not sure which. As it came with a mountain of documentation and receipts, I thought there might have been some record in there. The mk2 had to go in for the passenger one shortly after we purchased it, it was done while she had a stroll around the shops - I presume the driver's side had already been done.
Thanks to Jocko of course! The Jazz is 2007 and being delivered to me any minute now, so obviously no recall paperwork has come my way. No urgency to get the airbags sorted now but will do in due course. Looking forward to the shiny new badge  ;D

Tags:

anything