Author Topic: Subtle hesitations and SRS light (fixed)  (Read 1085 times)

Remco

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 CVT 2003
Subtle hesitations and SRS light (fixed)
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:38:46 PM »
Came across this problem, think it is fixed now so thought I'd share it.

While driving the highway I sometimes felt multiple subtle hesitations. It was not always present and sometimes I could drive 100km without noticing anything. I suspected an electrical problem, like a misfire and because I already changed the spark plugs I started considering changing out some ignition coils.

But then some time later I also started noticing that together with the shocks the SRS light would come on and then turn off again some minutes later. If this was related it didn't make sense that an ignition coil could be the culprit. Luckily I didn't change any yet.

Again some time later while driving in the dark I saw in the reflection of the car in front of me that my headlights were pulsing a bit (changing in intensity). This made me decide to go for an alternator swap, so picked up a decent one at the scrap yard and no problems anymore.

toon.jester

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005 1.3 in Helios Yellow (the wife's!!)
Re: Subtle hesitations and SRS light (fixed)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:11:03 PM »
Thanks for your comment. I have the same issue with my wife's Jazz with intermittent double hesitations. Will try plugs first and will check the lights for flicker.

Tags:

anything