Author Topic: Upgrades - Can't seem to find a suitable cat-back exhaust upgrade anywhere.  (Read 1402 times)

j00h

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz 1.4
Has anyone done this already? Mine is an 04 1.4 petrol. Fitted a K&N induction kit and not getting as much out of it as I'd like. I'm guessing a cat-back exhaust upgrade will improve airflow therefore acceleration too. (I'm not really interested in any more top end power)

The same as most here, I want to do these things not only because insurance is killing buying anything quicker already but I love my Jazz! :)

culzean

• Approved Member
Has anyone done this already? Mine is an 04 1.4 petrol. Fitted a K&N induction kit and not getting as much out of it as I'd like. I'm guessing a cat-back exhaust upgrade will improve airflow therefore acceleration too. (I'm not really interested in any more top end power)

The same as most here, I want to do these things not only because insurance is killing buying anything quicker already but I love my Jazz! :)

There are posters who had to have the front pipe from CAT replaced and the fitter had to basically destroy the CAT to fit new pipe = new CAT.  Also be careful that insurance company may be interested in 'tuning mods'...

IMHO the GD 8 valve Jazz is not an engine that was designed for upgrading, it was designed to be fuel efficient and the 8 valve layout means it 'runs out of breath' above 4500 revs. It is what it is and was designed as a city car with good low down pulling.  You can spend an awful lot of money chasing a few extra ponies, but maybe spend the money on the outside look of the car instead ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
I agree with Culzean. The DSI engine does not lend itself well to tuning. Air into the engine, and air out are not really bottle necks limiting the performance. You could spend a lot of money here and see negligible performance benefits.

Personally I would spend the time and money in keeping the vehicle as well maintained as possible. Perhaps do a deep service? New Oil, filters, spark plugs. gear box oil, coolant, maybe even the tappets. Not only will this have the engine performing at it's best you'll be keeping it running reliably for a long time.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Tags: