Author Topic: MPG for those interested  (Read 152977 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: MPG for those interested
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2024, 03:50:20 AM »
There are numerous tracker blockers

I run Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin on all my devices
Let's be careful out there !

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2024, 12:39:22 PM »
Just looked at spirit website, too much trackers involved.

[sorry - off-topic!]

Thank you for your reply!

Believe me, I'm bordering "paranoid" regarding online trackers!

On www.spritmonitor.de I see only the infamous googletagmanager (where as on clubjazz.org there are at least addthis.com and the paramount googlesyndication.com sites)

so, I do not quite follow your concerns, since you are a member of this forum and prefer to avoid spritmonitor.de

Have you yet considered something like NoScript/? - It would give you back some choice about what your browser loads.

If you are of the more "adventorous" type and don't mind to do some bit-wrestling, Pi-hole might be an option for you. Trust me: There is more...  :D

Take care!

Addendum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AddThis

Thank you for suggesting alternatives, for me, simple spreadsheet, easily done, gives me what i want and reliably accurate and allows simple prediction of costs,combined with notes on any other purchases for the car like tyres gives me a total cost per mile. Would give you a copy but would take too long to make sure any identifiable info deleted. Thanks again for pointers to try others.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #692 on: May 16, 2024, 09:12:00 AM »
My latest update to history. Looks like settling out for summer running around the 54.41 level.

Still very pleasant trouble free motoring
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 07:10:32 AM by aphybrid »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #693 on: May 23, 2024, 12:40:07 PM »
Last couple of times I refuelled I forgot to record my mileage so couldn't update spritmonitor. I do such a small mileage I've decided to stop updating this - it's a bit of a faff and my tiny annual mileage makes it less important in a way.

What I can tell you is that, over 4600 miles, the computer is 3.6 mpg optimistic. Trip B shows an overall mpg of 59 exactly and the brim to brim figure is 55.4 over that distance.

It's more accurate, slightly, than my MK3 was although there is not much in it. I'm content to just knock 4 mpg off the car's calculation to give me, as near as makes no difference, a reliable mpg figure.

Tags: