Author Topic: airbag light  (Read 4847 times)

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Re: airbag light
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »
Check all the fuses especially fuse no 13 (10amp) This sounds like an electrical/ wiring issue as you have tried the obvious. If there is a short down to earth no amount of resets will make that dissapear.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:59:35 PM by Brendan976 »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 08:47:13 AM »
Check all the fuses especially fuse no 13 (10amp) This sounds like an electrical/ wiring issue as you have tried the obvious. If there is a short down to earth no amount of resets will make that dissapear.

OP reckons he has changed sensor, ECU, and bypassed the wiring to connect the sensor directly to the ECU. I presume he disconnected the existing wiring when connecting the sensor directly.

I would have thought wiring, but by all accounts, he appears to have ruled it out.

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
Hi

Is it possible that the sensor connection to the ecu have been swapped by mistake and its reading the front left sensor instead of the right front ( which we know is good ) I know in the past I have put the wrong connector on after a head change which made it run as rough as a dog. This was sorted after reference to the photographs that I took prior to starting work.

Ben

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 jazz
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 12:39:53 PM »
i have connected the right sensor to the left wiring plug and no fault came up, disconnected the plug and it registered a fault with the left hand sensor, reconnected the left hand sensor and no fault was found , tried the left hand sensor to the right hand wiring plug and it still came up with the same fault code, which at first i thought must be a wiring harness fault, which is why i connected the right hand sensor directly to the SRS ECU  still the same fault code 09-7.

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 01:13:49 PM »
Well we now know the right sensor is good. The left sensor and wiring is good. I would think that the fault is in the wiring either an intermittent break/ or corrosion of the connectors. Check the resistance of the cable from left sensor cable end to end. Ie from the ecu to sensor. Now you will have a ohms reading that you can use when you test the right sensor cables.
Ben

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
Hi

I just reread your post, it maybe a fault with the cabling feeding the ecu, broken/ corroded terminal hence the same fault maintained even with a new ecu.

Ben

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »
Hi

Does your code reader Actually turn off srs/abs faults as a lot of the cheaper ones will not turn them off. It maybe just the case of deleting the code to clear the light.

Ben

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 05:30:50 PM »
my engine analyser displays the fault code asking  do you want to read or delete , hitting the delete button ,delete code being sent to ecu is displayed, but the fault is still there afterwards

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 05:43:27 PM »
Hi

As you have created additional faults when swapping from left to right sensors you should have stored codes. See if you code reader reads both stored and historical codes. If , when you tell it to erase codes and it clears the historical codes. This proves you code reader is working correctly, and also your original fault is still there. If it fails to clear the historical codes get hold of another code reader capable of erasing the codes, then see what happens.

Ben

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »
Front right sensor thats the one on the drivers side correct?

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 07:23:07 PM »
Hi
Disconnect the left hand side sensor and put a known good sensor on the the left hand side . Make sure the right hand side has a know good sensor also and see if that cures the fault
Ben

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 08:30:40 AM »
have tried that , swapping the right hand sensor to the left hand side , no fault registered, swapped the left hand side to the right hand side, same fault code appeared, so both the sensors seem to be ok, then connected the right hand sensor to the ecu direct bypassing the wiring harness and still the same fault code. so i have tried every combination i can think off but still cannot find  the answer

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 08:44:43 AM »
What I am getting at is, I think it’s the left sensor that’s defective. Other that that I am running out of suggestions.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 09:11:58 AM »
Try connecting the both sensors direct to the same side of the ECU as you did the RH sensor, using the same wiring. That will check if your test wiring is correct. There is nothing worse than testing a circuit with a faulty test rig!
The other answer, however unlikely, is that both ECUs have the same fault.
Take it the second ECU is from a breakers? Perhaps that was one of the reasons the car was scrapped!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:21:54 AM by Jocko »

Brendan976

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
Try this, take the left sensor out and put aside. Put the new one you purchased in its place. If the left sensor is defective when you swap it a fault will show. Unless you are looking at the reader to see that the fault has transferred to the right hand side. You have not identified the left sensor. It would be easy to assume that it is working correctly when in fact it is not.

Tags:

anything