Author Topic: Are Software Updates to Infotainment System free?  (Read 3165 times)

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
Are Software Updates to Infotainment System free?
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »
My four week old Mk 3 is going into the dealer next week to have RC4 software applied (see this thread for the reason)

I am assuming that since this is to correct a fault, and RC4 was available before I took delivery, that this will be free.

But are software updates normally free?

I would hope that since most (all?) of the changes are correcting faults, they should be free while the car is in warranty.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Are Software Updates to Infotainment System free?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
On the relevant Service Bulletin (SQ-10-013-03) it states that RC4 update is to be installed "on customer complaint only" and  "normal warranty applies" so I would expect this update and any future updates to correct problems to be applied without charge. On the other hand, should any updates be made available to provide new functionality not included in the original build (unlikely knowing Honda), then I would expect these to be chargeable.

Hope this helps

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Are Software Updates to Infotainment System free?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
I've just had this update done on my Civic- no charge.
Unfortunately it only lasted 3 days before it started throwing wobblies again, so back it went  for apparently another software fix and a factory reset. (Touch wood)  it has been behaving for the last 2 weeks, so hopefully fixed.
First time was while I waited, second time they collected the car and returned it early afternoon. No charge each time, after all it broke and they have to fix it !

Tags: