Author Topic: Oil change  (Read 1603 times)

Paramonte

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jaz hybrid crosstar
Oil change
« on: May 22, 2023, 11:43:32 PM »
I own an Honda Jazz Hybrid Crosstar 2022

I would like to make the oil exchanges at home. Anyone to give me any advise about this, since this is s new car (2002) anf hybrid. Thank You

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Oil change
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 09:42:00 AM »
Best to leave to honda whilst under warranty, there are plenty of videos on line eg you tube etc.
Enjoy your Honda

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 07:13:42 AM »
I agree with olduser 1 .  While the car is under manufacturers warranty   get it serviced by Honda. 

While it may be possible to keep the warranty valid if the car is serviced by an independent,non Honda ,garage they would normally have to be a fully recognised,professionally qualified,garage  business. With professional paperwork. Probably best to check first with Honda Portugal if that garage would be acceptable  - dont ask your local Honda dealership , they will want to say no.      But doing it at home would invalidate your warranty.

But note that hybrids have very high voltage batteries and battery leads. They can be dangerous if you are not sure what you are doing.  Not all professional garages are qualified to work on them either. Also the car requires a particular type of engine oil.  You can buy it easily enough,but its quite expensive . An independent garage may not have it in stock and may use something else. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:15:22 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 08:06:57 AM »
Back in 2017 I had an argument with the local official Honda dealer. It said 5W40 on the bill, while 0W20, 0W30 or 5W30 were recommended by Honda. I drove a 2017 1.3 cvt back then.
First they claimed it was a typo and they had used proper oil. But fuel consumption went up and it was a thick sticky substance when I had a look. Eventually they said: 5W40 will not harm your engine and why would you care about fuel consumption anyway?
Last time I went there (Utrecht NL). Also I wrote to Honda NL complaining that this dealer was unwilling to follow Honda’s directions. Their response startled me: it won’t damage your engine…

So also an official dealer may use the wrong oil, so be aware!

Tags: