Author Topic: where is the central locking unit?  (Read 35149 times)

guest3415

where is the central locking unit?
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
can someone help me i want to fit a remote locking system. can some one help by telling me where the central locking unit is. is it under or behind the dash?
please help as hubby getting angry at me
thanks in advance
bmms1966

guest3415

• Topic Starter
Re: new keless locking
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
sorry should read "keyless"

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: where is the central locking unit?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
I don`t know more but I`ll try to install a remote locking unit into my car over the weekend:
http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&safe=active&client=pub-3303470113500914&cof=FORID%3A1%3BGL%3A1%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.hondafitjazz.com%2Fheader.jpg%3BLH%3A50%3BLW%3A444%3BLBGC%3AFFFF00%3BBGC%3A%23000000%3BT%3A%23ff9900%3BLC%3A%23ffffff%3BVLC%3A%23999999%3BGALT%3A%23999999%3BGFNT%3A%23999999%3BGIMP%3A%23999999%3B&domains=www.hondafitjazz.com&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=power+door+lock&btnG=Search&sitesearch=www.hondafitjazz.com.

Mod: Well, I managed to finish the job today, the remote locking unit is installed (the dead-locking does not work from the remote but I can dead-lock it with the key as before).

Mod2: The dead-locking is working now, connected the boot release cable to the lock wire and using the boot release button to give the system an another impulse to lock the car.

This is the unit: http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/UniversalUpgradeRemoteKeylessForCentralLock.aspx.
Manual (HA-008): http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/Manuals.aspx.
I used the "negative locking" connection.
Did not connected the hazard lights nor the flashing LED, only the lock/unlock and power wires.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:36:56 PM by DV »

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
There is no separated module on Jazz/Fit the locking and unlocking features are built in the Instrument Cluster.

However you can install a remote locking unit and probably you'll need the signals for locking and unlocking. This can be found on the fusebox.

The problem is... GD has two fusebox types, and here in Brazil is a mess because the Year/Model does not match the global (European/Japanese) models and forget the US model, it's another fusebox as far as i know.

Early Model (GD)

On this model the signals are on the 13 connector, I can check later which pins...

Newest Model (GD)

If you can confirm which model is your fuse box I think I can help more.
Also can you post the model or installation instructions of the remote locking unit?
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »
The signal is sent from the instrument cluster to each of the solenoids inside the door.  Any of these can also pack up due to wear / dodgy wiring / bad connections / bad re-assembly when something is repaired.  They are usually very reliable as the solenoid is a robust device
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3415

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
hi guys thanks for all the advice and help so far just one more question , where is the instrument cluster?

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
how do you hope to fit anything if you dont know whare anything is on the car ? ;D

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »
hi guys thanks for all the advice and help so far just one more question , where is the instrument cluster?
The instrument cluster is actually where you see the Gauges like speed, fuel and Revs.

how do you hope to fit anything if you dont know whare anything is on the car ? ;D
That's true, if you are not sure in this case, it's better for look for a service to install the remote locking module for you, at least you can ask for warranty of the service if needed. It's less risky.
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

guest3415

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
I'm trying to find out for my hubby but chrisc said the signal comes from the instrument cluster ? so do we connect the new remote unit to the fuse box ? or is there a locking unit that it connects to. Hubby is confident he can connect it just wasn't what to.

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 01:07:36 PM »
Which type of fusebox do you have? Or better which GD model and Year ?

Here in Brazil people install alarms and remte locking units by getting the signals from the fusebox, however it's possible to get the signals from the Instrument Cluster connector too. Some Japanese guys buy an module that checks the Speed signal and lock the doors automatically (This is standard on GE), but in this case makes sense to go on the instrument cluster because you need the VSS Signal.

What model are you going to install?

guest3415

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
Hi I have a 2003 se not sure what GD means

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
GD: 2002-2008, http://clubjazz.org/forum/, GE: 2008- .

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
You can also check on your car documentation. Locate the VIN/Chassis number and check from the 4th number the 3 digits.

For Example, my car is an GE6 in my VIN is like this 93HGE6XXXXXXXXXXXX

the first 3 digits are the Factory Plant which your car is manufactured mine is 93H = Honda Brazil,  the next 3 digits are GE6 which corresponds to my car Model.

guest3415

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
Hi I have a GD 1 model

guest3334

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
Hi

The lock barrel of my jazz GD1 model is jammed. So I ordered the hawk alarm mentioned in the post today. Now need to get it fixed. So eagerly awaiting reply from fellow members . Seems like I need to use the negative locking circuit diagram as in the manual. Can all the necessary connections to the hawk receiver be tapped from the fuse box itself. Also which is the best place to keep the receiver module in the car .

Thanks in advance

Tags:

anything