Author Topic: Mud flaps for Dynamic  (Read 745 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Mud flaps for Dynamic
« on: May 19, 2020, 06:42:03 AM »
I would be glad to receive suggestions for mudflaps to fit Jazzes/Fits with RS/Sport/Dynamic side skirts.

The genuine Honda accessory mudflaps (08P00-T5A-600A) are stated to be suitable only for cars without side skirts. Same restriction seems to apply to all Jazz/Fit specific mudflaps found e.g. from ebay or aliexpress. I'd like to get ones that would be subdue like originals but still effective to protect the sills and rear bumper, and to mount so that I wouldn't need to drill holes to hull, as those are notorious rust starting points. Drilling to plastic parts is acceptable.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Mud flaps for Dynamic
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 10:45:41 AM »
The rear fitment should be the same as any other Mk3 Jazz. During the two years with my sport I found that the sill side skirts seemed to do a reasonable job of keeping the lower part of the front doors clean, certainly better than my previous EX without mudflaps.

Hope this helps

Nigel

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Mud flaps for Dynamic
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 12:52:02 PM »
Thank you for the information regarding rear flaps.

I should have explained, that for me the purpose of mudflaps is to protect the sills and belly from sandblasting and stones, eventually to prevent rust. As I'm driving on gravel roads, and also sand is used sometimes on icy paved roads, the most exposed spots can be sandblasted from paint within couple of years if not protected.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:30:00 PM by TnTkr »

Tags: