Author Topic: Tyre fitter recommended ATS/Euromaster  (Read 6335 times)

guest1521

Tyre fitter recommended ATS/Euromaster
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »
A couple of new tyres fitted today at ATS/Euromaster.
Order online, book your slot online... easy.

Observations:
Reasonable choice of tyres... prices pretty good.
FREE tracking check (laser). Adjustment £32. While you watch and they explain... this bit, in particular, I like. Useful to see the setting as it was, the adjustment and the new setting.

How many workshops do you go to and the car disappears out of sight without even a viewing window? My Honda dealer being an example. For tracking, for all I know it could be just the quickest and inaccurate tweak with a spanner, get on with other chargeable work, then "£65 for the tracking, please." Inaccuracy - due to a different pattern of tyre wear this time -  later explained away by "you must have hit a pothole or kerbed it. Can we fit you new tyres?"

Unless you can see them doing the tracking??? That's why I liked my ATS experience today!

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Tyre fitter recommended ATS/Euromaster
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 01:25:32 PM »
A very successful national tyre and wheel dealer here, "Tiger Wheel and Tyre" have all their lifts next to one another in a long line and they encourage you to go and see what is being done, especially the computer managed wheel alignment machine which guides the operator through the various setting up and measurement functions.  It is plain even to a non-technical person what is going on, as 3 screens show the original measurement with the errors highlighted and the other two show how the adjustment is taking place on each axle.

When the work is done, the technician has to wait for approval from the workshop supervisor before the equipment is removed.  All this for no more than a regular wheel alignment fee at a regular workshop.
If music be the food of love, play on

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Tyre fitter recommended ATS/Euromaster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
I always recommend ATS.

Their 4 wheel tracking is far more sophisticated that those at Kwikfit - or appears to be.. and the users seem to know how to use it. Which is more than KF did when they tried to sort my Yaris out.. I had it eventually sorted by ATS.

They also do free tracking tests.  Son's Yaris had a problem of spinning in the wet (!!)  and ATS checked it for free.. and sorted it out for about £35.( Teach son not to park up kerbs..)

Very impressed. They explained what was wrong and hoi they would fix it...

Tags:

anything