Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by WelshBeauty on Today at 07:43:42 PM »
Hi.
Hopefully we can help out with a competitive insurance quotation.
Regards,
Dan.

Can you tell me about your Insurance company, is it FLUX?  Any help would be great, the forum have hardly been banging my door down with replies.

Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Going up a size ??
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Today at 06:06:39 PM »
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for a change in tyres then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Today at 06:03:54 PM »
Hi.
Hopefully we can help out with a competitive insurance quotation.
Regards,
Dan.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by davejazz on Today at 05:04:16 PM »
Mine was in for its second annual service two days ago, and they updated the mapping to the latest version, as they did last year.

My nearest dealership last year, wanted to charge £40 for them to do the update, but I discovered by going to my second nearest, the update was free.

If you don’t ask, etc, etc!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by R2D3 on Today at 12:19:29 PM »
I contacted Garmin regarding the update not working.  This is their reply:

"I do apologise for the inconvenience however the Honda mapping has been temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."

I had the same response , affecting the  Mk.3 Jazz too.

They are taking note of the email addresses of all those that have contacted them about the problem and will let us know as soon as it's fixed.

I thought it about time they should have sorted this so contacted them again this week. Their reply:
"I do apologise that you have not been updated,. however the Honda mapping is still  temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Space saving wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 09:48:48 AM »
Personally I think spacesaver wheels are very expensive , even second hand.  And used ones may be quite old  and may need  its tyre repaced even if its never been used. You can buy replacment spacesaver tyres but they are not cheap.  If you need to use a spacesaver in an emergency they have limitations. 

If you have a full sized wheel well  I'd recommend buying a full sized spare.   (But if its used one  again check the age of its tyre using the 4 figure code on the side wall. eg  2519   would have been made in the 25th week of 2019)    A full sized spare means  you can resume your journey at normal speeds and  take a bit more time to get the right deal on a puncture repair or the most suitable  replacement tyre.

Full sized spares should fit in earlier cars  .If your mk3 has the modified  shallower  wheel well I would still remove one of the full sized wheels and see how well  it fits in the well before deciding to buy  a spacesaver.  These dont always save that much space  compared to a full sized spare, ,sometimes its more about saving the manufacturer a bit of weight and cost.  As is only supplying a puncture kit. 
 You may find its extra  height protrudes slightly into  the boot floor level  , but it may only be an inch or so.  You may be able to fit a false floor of  hardboard,thin ply etc  supported and leveled  underneath where necessary with timber . This may also leave a storage space underneath the floor for things like tow rope, jump leads etc. 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 09:12:00 AM »
My latest update to history. Looks like evening out for summer running around the 54.41 level.

Still very pleasant troubl free motoring
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 09:04:33 AM »
Hi,
Yes the times have gone when you could lift the bonnet and fix it yourself, nowadays the mechanic plugs in the computer and replaces what it says it needs, no thought to repairing the parts.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Space saving wheel
« Last post by fatal on Today at 12:40:53 AM »
I have a 2019 model, I replaced the standard glue/sealant and air pump with a space saver, wheel brace and jack bought off Ebay. I junked the polystyrene holder as it took up too much space. I do carry the air pump and a puncture repair kit as well.
There's no fastener to hold down the wheel, which I pad out with tools, fluorescent waistcoat etc. Nothing rattles or moves about. The boot floor still lays flat over it. I have two heavy duty bungee cords stretched diagonally across the boot floor panel which I use to hold things secure.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Power Window Failure
« Last post by stefan on May 15, 2024, 10:11:39 PM »
Thanks both. The day after writing the original post, I solved the issue by wiggling the wiring loom with the door open. Weak connections, perhaps? It is odd for a new car like this, but I haven't thought about it since.

Otherwise, I am very happy with the car.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything