Author Topic: Honda HR-V Autoexpress review  (Read 2179 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda HR-V Autoexpress review
« on: May 21, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »

(I recognize the reviewer, she used to co-presenter the breakfast show on Heart Sussex and Surrey before they went to the networked show.)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Re: Honda HR-V Autoexpress review
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 10:40:46 PM »
There seems to be a general agreement among all road testers that the HR-V driven at all briskly is noisy, and the noise is unpleasant. I will have to take a long test drive before committing but I’m really not sure I could live with the noise - especially because otherwise it seems so refined and peaceful. It’s just that I would be anticipating the din (and cringeing) every time I needed to overtake or accelerate to join an A road or motorway. It seems that Honda have got everything right apart from noise suppression.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 03:59:40 AM »
Judging by other Jazz reviews by lead footed journos I wouldn't take much notice.

I've done some rapid acceleration at times and the engine noise has been little more than an ICE car. Mine is very quiet at all speeds.

If the HRV is based on the same idea as the Jazz I think you'll find it perfectly OK.

Let's be careful out there !

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 10:19:53 AM »
I have a second generation CVT Jazz and a Crosstar.  I find the Crosstar so much quieter than the Jazz.  Of course, if you floor the Crosstar's accelerator, the engine revs (for a while) to generate electricity.  There is therefore a brief increase in noise from the level just before you floored it, but I don't think it is so noisy.  It is just a contrast with the quietness just before. 

Of course, journalists like to race about and they don't pay for their petrol. 

The way a hybrid behaves differs from the way a ICE car behaves.  Similarly, CVT cars behave differently from manuals and torque converter autos.  It's just different, that's all.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 10:52:01 AM »
I really do not know what these journalists expect.
Yes the Mk4 Jazz and the HRV have the same ICE engine and yes the ICE engine (any engine) will make a noise, when pushed, but I maintain that this noise is no more than, any similar car and certainly much less than any previous Jazz.
Its just the fact that the vehicle is overall so very quiet and when the engine does start up to drive in the manner described in the video, yes it can be heard, but in my view not abnormally so.
In normal motoring you mostly cannot hear the engine start or stop, particularly if your playing your favourite music as well.
Anyone who complains about the noise as described will need to stick with a pure EV vehicle  ;D

Tags:

anything