Author Topic: Wheel diameter  (Read 627 times)

Redstart

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3
Wheel diameter
« on: February 20, 2022, 04:08:04 PM »
Hi all. Does anyone have knowledge or experience of using the 16" wheels in comparison with the 15" ones. My Jazz has the 15". How is the car different with larger wheels? eg Handling, ride mpg etc.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Wheel diameter
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 04:25:21 PM »
Hi all. Does anyone have knowledge or experience of using the 16" wheels in comparison with the 15" ones. My Jazz has the 15". How is the car different with larger wheels? eg Handling, ride mpg etc.

Main difference will be that 16" tyres will be a lot more expensive and a lot less choice  :o .....   the ride will probably be harder with 16" and from experence the slightly narrower 15" tyres will be quieter.  More likely to damage the rim on potholes with lower profile 16" tyres  as well.   My wifes Jazz came with 16" rims and we also had 15" steel rimes with full winters on them, we both realised the car was quieter and better ride with winters - so I got 15" alloys for summer and now the ride is better all year round, and quieter.  Maybe a slight gain in MPG with 15" and the tyres will have less rolling resistance ( more flexible sidewalls ).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 04:27:59 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 04:25:49 PM »
double post
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Redstart

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »
Thanks for the information. Nice one!

Tags:

anything