Author Topic: Bike upright inside the MK4  (Read 1621 times)

1speed

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk2
Bike upright inside the MK4
« on: January 08, 2022, 09:57:37 PM »
Dear all, I have a Jazz Mk2 and I am able to fit 1 or 2 mountain bikes upright inside the car, front wheels off, back seats down flat.

Is it possibile to do the same in the Mk4, even with only 1 bike?

Any of you Mk4 owners doing this?

Cheers

1speed

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: Bike upright inside the MK4
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:42:03 AM »
Anybody?

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 12:56:59 PM »
Sorry, I haven't tried that yet.
Neil Ives

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »
Drive to your local dealer with the bikes onboard as you described and ask the salesman to show how they fit into the MK4.  If he thinks he is selling a car, then he will delighted to accommodate, assuming the bikes aren't covered in mud.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 04:09:18 PM »
Not the bestest review, but I remember seeing these guys from South Africa (the Jazz is known as the Fit there).

Hope it helps!

(relevant part starts from 4:20, although they're not too worried about standing them up! But at 5:07 it looks like they'd go that way - but yes, ask your dealer for sure)

The other interesting part is finding out they have Rose Gold as a colour in SA (with elegant alloys). Nice!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 04:18:20 PM by Jayt43 »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 04:55:03 PM »
Not directly the same but, co-incidentally, I have just transported my granddaughter's bike back to her house (she left it with us yesterday). It's a child's bike and that fitted in OK with the "magic" seats up. I had to turn the handle bars round to get it in but once I'd done that it was easy.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 08:23:20 PM »
I think I tried when I first got my Crosstar but found that the distance from the bottom of the forks to the top of the handlebars was too much. A bike with lower bars and a shorter steerer might fit (but the saddle+ seatpost probably needs to be removed as well). The battery means that the front part of the boot floor is higher than in the older Jazzes.

I've transported one bike in he back of my Crosstar by lying it on its side with front wheel on and tucked into the gap between between the back of the front seats and the folded rear seats as shown the photo. There's actually a 2nd bike in there as well, but it's a folding bike.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

1speed

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »
Thanks y'll.

Man those guys in the video, I realize it's an ad but if you did the regularly, throwing your bikes in like that, on top of each other, no protection, no tying them down, you would ruin the bikes and the car in no time  :o

Not to mention they did not even try fitting the first the right way, rear wheel first, upright!  ;D

Sounds like John Ratsey is right, the issue is the boot not as depp as before, the only way to know for sure if my bike fits is to try, but I don't see this as an easy feat with my local dealer.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 01:35:27 PM »
One approach would be to find a large piece of cardboard and cut it to represent a 2D shape of the bike without front wheel although this won't include the 3D problem created by the handlebars. No dealer should object to to the trial fitting of some cardboard. One problem I recall with the bike in my photo is it had a long mudflap on the front mudguard which became an obstruction when the front wheel was removed. Many bikes won't have this problem.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: