Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2009 Central Locking  (Read 1613 times)

Seedy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2009
Honda Jazz 2009 Central Locking
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:55:44 PM »
Hi guys.

Need a bit of help for the wife's Jazz central locking please.

When we close the central locking from the key fob or from the inside both the passenger side doors and the boot does not lock.

The drivers door and the drivers side back passenger doors lock fine.

Is there a specific thing that's gone faulty that I need to check please?

Thanks

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Honda Jazz 2009 Central Locking
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
Cant recall what safety features came with CL, did you tried the same procedure with the other key fob?

ndsee

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 09 EX
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:47:46 PM »
Do they lock if you use the key in the driver's door or do you have to lock them manually from inside?

nut rocker

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:00:51 PM »
We have a similar problem with our 2012 Jazz. Last year the rear passenger door stopped locking on the fob so the hazards didn't flash and the alarm wasn't activated. Fix cost £290 at dealership. Now the front passenger door is doing the same. If we lock the door using the internal locking button the central works on the other doors. Unlocking is fine on the fob. Both fobs have good batteries. Is there a cheaper way of sorting out the problem.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:49 AM »
Regarding the OP's boot not locking my Mk1 has the common problem where the handle to release the boot gets rusty and doesn't always return fully. That then means the boot won't lock or unlock with the remote. Just needs pushing into place. Can't recall if the Mk2 has the same problem but you could search the threads. Meanwhile thanks for reminding me mine needs lubricating again  :)
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »
Regarding the OP's boot not locking my Mk1 has the common problem where the handle to release the boot gets rusty and doesn't always return fully. That then means the boot won't lock or unlock with the remote. Just needs pushing into place. Can't recall if the Mk2 has the same problem but you could search the threads. Meanwhile thanks for reminding me mine needs lubricating again  :)

Plenty of info about tailgate not unlocking   https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=1849.msg40432#msg40432

this should not affect any other doors though..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything