Author Topic: i-Shifters clunking noise fixed!!  (Read 10131 times)

guest5669

Re: i-Shifters clunking noise fixed!!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »
Right Iv'e just had the transmission oil changed in my i-Shift box and its made a world of difference to gearbox clunk, its much better hardly ever does it now. The cost was £30 I paid for the oil MTF3 also had a new water pump fitted runs like a dream guys.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »
Our car drives smoothly and clunk free and i like to keep it that way. I have no idea if the gear oil was ever changed though, we have the car 2 weeks now and it has 54k kilometers on it.
But when it needs its yearly car maintenance i hope the garage will use the right Honda gear- and engine oil. I guess you changed it yourself, but i am afraid i have to trust the garage.

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 05:45:14 PM »
Our car drives smoothly and clunk free and i like to keep it that way. I have no idea if the gear oil was ever changed though, we have the car 2 weeks now and it has 54k kilometers on it.
But when it needs its yearly car maintenance i hope the garage will use the right Honda gear- and engine oil. I guess you changed it yourself, but i am afraid i have to trust the garage.

What I did was purchase the oil myself. Honda MTF3 gearbox transmission fluid and ask them to change it when they did my water pump.           

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 10:26:52 PM »

What I did was purchase the oil myself. Honda MTF3 gearbox transmission fluid and ask them to change it when they did my water pump.         
Thank you, Steve, that's what i am going to do! But is it not a scheduled maintenance thingy? I am also going to talk with my brother-in-law as he has an independant garage. Maybe we let him do the yearly maintenance instead of the Honda dealer. The dealer garage has not the best reviews around here and I can give my brother in law the right bottles of engine- and gear oil. ;)

Tags:

anything