Author Topic: myHonda+ subscription changes  (Read 19620 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: myHonda+ subscription changes
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »
... Live traffic isn't the be all and end all of a sat nav system. 99 times out of a hundred traffic is irrelevant for me I just want to know where I'm going.
It's handy to have on some circumstances but not a deal breaker.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2023, 10:33:39 AM »
Further to my previous reply. No 10, I have today (18th) received an email which says, “my included subscription wil expire on 17/07/27 and configured to your vehicle”. This means I have 4 Years use, from new, of all the Honda+ features, with the ability to extend, should I wish. However I will be 90 years  old by then, so not really bothered!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 07:46:51 PM by Kenneve »

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 06:14:25 PM »
Id rather they (Honda) paid for live traffic etc for their basically hopeless navigation system. Using my 5 year old tom tom in a new car is basically diabolical. I know google maps etc can be had but for the cost of the car their nav system is nothing short of a rip off.
I am disappointed with the built-in navigation, before I bought the car I thought it would be the same or better than my standalone Garmin, with traffic via Smartlink and upload routes, also red light and speed camera warnings.
A £100 Garmin from Halfords is better than the Jazz SatNav.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 04:01:11 AM »
I agree, I've never used the built in Garmin because of the lack of traffic, roadworks, road closures, etc
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2023, 08:38:16 AM »
... Live traffic isn't the be all and end all of a sat nav system. 99 times out of a hundred traffic is irrelevant for me I just want to know where I'm going.
It's handy to have on some circumstances but not a deal breaker.

Totally agree. It is better than the TomTom set up in my previous cars. It has given me alternative routes when roadworks have been present, and has always given me pretty accurate destinations. Rural Lincolnshire doesn't phase it, and whenever we venture across to the Lakes, up to Northumberland and Scotland it has been more than adequate. I can't speak for dahn sarf, as I have no need or desire to go that way..so heavy, blocked up motorways I can't comment on.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2023, 01:55:28 PM »
Id rather they (Honda) paid for live traffic etc for their basically hopeless navigation system. Using my 5 year old tom tom in a new car is basically diabolical. I know google maps etc can be had but for the cost of the car their nav system is nothing short of a rip off.

Their (Honda's) basically hopeless >:( navigation system has taken me wherever I wanted to be for the past 2 years. Even to my daughter's new address, which Honda's hopeless Garmin system (at the time) didn't know. Just looked up the coordinates on Google maps and simply entered them into that hopeless system.
Neatly arrived (almost) in front of her brand new front door...

Oh... and traffic was really not missed during those 1000 kilometers (620 miles), the entire journey without any significant delays. Pure luck, of course, but still. :D

Of course, everything could be better, more frequent updates would be desirable, but a hopeless system...?
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2023, 03:06:43 PM »
For navigation it's probably as good as any but for those of us close to traffic hotspots it's mandatory

London's M25 is a notorious 'car park' at times, as is the M4 near Heathrow and accurate traffic is essential

When I used to leave Woking, about 20 years ago, I would consult the then Trafficmaster display as I headed for J11, Chertsey. It would often show that the tail of the clockwise traffic was currently J15, Heathrow, where I used to turn off, so no problem.

I kept an eye on the traffic when approaching J11 and often it would have updated to show the tail as now J14, Heathrow Terminal 4, again, no real problem.

However, quite often, I would join the M25 clockwise sliproad only to be met with a jam or hit the tail of the jam at J12, M3, 10 miles sooner than was being reported.

Then I got a standalone Garmin with Inrix live traffic that covered all roads, not just motorways and major A roads as covered by Trafficmaster.

Inrix via Garmin updated about every 60 to 90 seconds and that showed the correct tail of the jam so I could divert. And while I had diverted the built in Trafficmaster was still showing all clear.
My diversion route involved driving under the M25 near J13 and I could see the stationary traffic so I knew Trafficmaster was wrong due to it's reporting delay

Move forward 10 years from my standalone Garmin and I now have Google Maps on the headunit which also has correct traffic and no need for wiring a standalone Garmin

So for some scenarios it is hopeless without up-ahead road conditions

Let's be careful out there !

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2023, 05:52:21 PM »
Yes (Honda's) basically hopeless navigation system is great when driving down to Brighton via M4, M25 and M23.
I use Google on Android Auto,  but even Google isn't perfect, for example if I'm driving south out of town it insists on sending me down the motorway or though a busy shopping centre,  with my local knowledge  I can avoid both.

Tags: