Author Topic: Lets be positive about the Jazz  (Read 5713 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Lets be positive about the Jazz
« on: June 13, 2024, 02:15:36 PM »
Ok, I admit to posting about the few problems I have had with my Jazz. I have moaned about the warranty claims I have made, the problems with the paintwork.. and even with relation to the brake simulator fault (even though I haven't had the fault).

So, what is great and good about the Jazz?

Well, I have covered 21000 miles now, in just under 2 years. Its a 72 plate EX Style, in midnight blue beam.

All those miles have been town, A & B roads, with the odd motorway chucked in. I drive at the speed limit, and like the odd burst of quick acceleration and also enjoy leaving the odd German car at the lights. Motorway cruising is generally done at cruise control around the 68 mark, with a few bursts upto 80 during overtakes.

I have the Honda roof-bars, and have variously had a kayak, or a pair of cycles up top. I have also had a pair of folding bikes stashed in the magic seat spaces too at times. I have carried lots of camping equipment at the same time in the boot compartment. The space for luggage etc is far better and manageable than the Capturs I owned prior to the Jazz. I love the versatility of the space. The cabin is equally spacious, and having the pale grey interior only highlights how spacious and airy it is. The view from the front seats is very good, and the wraparound glass offers a clear unobstructed area view of the road ahead. The seats are comfortable, and we have never complained of numb bum or backache after long journeys. The driving position is good, and myself or the wife never have any problems moving the seat forward or back to suit either of our differing leg lengths when changing driver. The control panel and dash display are easy to use and view, the sound system is well capable too (I use a USB stick rammed to the hilt, and always on random play). I have found the Garmin system works well, and compared to the Renault's Tom Tom, it has similar querks.. but has never failed to get me to any destination.
The drive is probably the best I have had. It is the first auto I have ever driven, and it still pleases me how easy and relaxed the experience is. The engine is smooth, pulls like a turbo and never jerks or jolts as you step on the pedal. I use B mode around town and twisty A/B roads, but always jump into D for long motorway stretches. I have found the suspension is good, the body roll minimal (I don't chuck it around bends, but I'm no slouch either). Pot holes occasionally catch it out.. but no worse than the other cars I owned before it.
The EV system is a thing of wonder. Like most here, I delved into all the videos/explanations as to how it worked and how everything did what it did.. but ultimately, I don't care as long as it keeps doing what is meant to do. The transition between petrol and EV is generally seamless, and although the motor in ICE mode can sound a bit groggy during start up, it soon settles down and is the quietist and smoothest motor I have driven. The economy is fantastic, and everything that was promised. I have seen a high of late 70s, and over the 21000 miles I have done, the car is showing at this moment an average of 68.5 mpg.

There you have it. I am very pleased with the Jazz, and at times I may get a little angsty about it, and wonder what the Renault Alpina would be like.. I will be keeping my Jazz for at least the 3. whatever years of the servicing/warranty it has left. The Jazz was purchased as my probable last car. After owning lots of Renaults, the Jazz was chosen because of the companies longevity and reliability. I hope the Jazz carries on that tradition.

Amen.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 02:20:08 PM by Nicksey »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Lets be positive about the Jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 03:19:52 PM »
Must admit, mine has been the best drivers car I've owned, and I've owned dozens of others in my 5 decades plus of driving

I suppose my closest cars have been a Lexus IS200 and a V6 Citroen Xantia. Both had superb suspension but compared to today were seriously lacking in toys
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzist

• Approved Member
  • The Jazzdriving Dutchman
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance 2023
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024, 03:49:08 PM »
I recently started driving the Jazz Advance after driving 52,000km in the Jazz Executive for 3 years. I have to conclude that the Jazz is the finest car I have owned so far. It is now my 26th car in 52 years. Of course, technology and safety features have grown enormously after I bought the Renault 4 as my first car in 1972. Especially the safety features, the heated steering wheel and the economy increase my sense of satisfaction. I hope I can enjoy this fine Jazz for a long time to come.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 10:11:50 AM by Jazzist »
The Honda Forum unites the World.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 04:46:44 PM »
I have just gone over the 40,000 mile mark in my 71 plate SR Jazz . Global mpg for 39996 miles is 62.9 mpg . The car had 4 miles on it when i drove it out of the showroom .  Had driven other non hybrids and full kia HEVs my jazz nails it as the best all rounder . Yesterdays evening driving as attached pic. I dont go slow just normal . I use foot to floor squirt to zoom past slower traffic and even sometimes at traffic lights .  The drive is smooth and seamless -if you dont have the graphic display you cant tell which mode its in for the majority of the time . An interesting observation from other cars is the jazz winscreen slopes lots more than most cars and as a result doesnt get as many flies stuck on -the airflow must be more aerodynamic. In a new lexus LBX the windscreen is much smaller and more upright angle and the flies hit it whereas in tbe jazz the air flows better and they are kept off screen . The ride is very good and it corners well enough for my driving style .i like to be smooth so dont race into bends . The finish of the interior is good and i havent any rattles creaks or groans appear. Having black paint is harder to clean compared to other metallic colours which have the clear laquer coat and SWMBO would now have heated seats now she has tried them in orher cars Ö apparently my driving with chilled air is improved if she can heat her seat as she finds it cold. The space under the magic seats is where our walking boots and dog lead and stuff live ó other cars waste that space!

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024, 04:55:53 PM »
I do love driving the hybrid Jazz. It's zippy and smooth. A good place to be in when there is stop-start traffic.

I wish the Jazz was easier to park, and quieter at motorway speeds. I would like a CD player too. Nowhere to fit one.

The previous best car (had lots including Honda, Ford, Austin Healey, BL, VW, Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault) was either the Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-Bar, or more recently the V6 Vectra B CDX auto that I loved and drove for 10 years. Which at the time I preferred to the BMW 3 series and Merc C Class rivals both of which I test drove. For some strange reason I never warmed to Audi.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2024, 05:54:31 PM »
If I can park my neurosis over the brake simulator issue (I haven't had it btw) I can say it's one the best cars I've ever owned. It's certainly the most economical. It's comfortable (the driving position on Jazzes generally seems to suit my skeleton) and this latest iteration is pretty perky as well off the line.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 03:32:18 AM »
I've always found the driving position to be far better in autos than manuals, no clutch to floor
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024, 07:39:23 AM »
I've always found the driving position to be far better in autos than manuals, no clutch to floor

Yes, which I think adds to the long drive comfort experience. No twisting movements around the hip/knee area, just a slight foot movement.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2024, 09:52:21 AM »
When I had the Crosstar it was the best car I've owned, until I got the Jazz Sport which is now my favourite. It's quite a bit different to drive as the suspension's a bit firmer and it has lower profile tyres but it's really nippy and agile. Probably not to everyone's taste as at low speeds you do feel the bumps in the road a bit more but I love it. The seats are really comfortable on long journeys and I like the smaller steering wheel.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2024, 09:59:32 AM »
The jazz is the best car I have owned.  The auto gearbox system is a delight, especially in stop start traffic. . Smooth and seamless .  Reviews report that  some hybrid alternatives  have some delay and jerkiness as their  autobox changes through its gears and transition between  EV and ICE. At least compared to the CVT systems used by Honda and Toyota. 

The Jazz is an ideal size for me.  Very roomy for its  class with excellent visibility.(unlike the Yaris which I  found too small ). But now  quite expensive for its size category . Some similar priced alternatives are now a step up in size category.  But i dont want a bigger car than I need just because of its price.  Unless there were no suitable  alternative, or a compelling eco friendly advantage. 
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »
It's quite a bit different to drive as the suspension's a bit firmer and it has lower profile tyres but it's really nippy and agile. Probably not to everyone's taste as at low speeds you do feel the bumps in the road a bit more but I love it.

Donít worry about the bumps or potholes in the road.

Keir has promised to sort that!

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2024, 01:06:54 PM »
Certainly can't describe the Jazz as the best car I have ever driven or best car I have ever owned, by a long way.
But for what it is, what it does and what I bought it for, it's good, topped off by its extraordinary low fuel consumption and the practicality of the magic seats. 

When I need to drive anywhere my current choice is simply black or white

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2024, 09:29:19 PM »
Yep ditto, I would say it's in the top 3 of cars ive owned.  And it certainly is THE most versatile car ive owned.  For its size its packaging is amazing! 

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2024, 06:13:15 PM »
I love my EX

Worthingmike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2024, 07:30:19 PM »
I love my Jazz EX. I have just had it 3 years. It had done nearly 23000 miles. I have been to Italy twice with no problems. Driving 600 miles each day. We regularly got to Scotland although I now stop half way. It is 436 miles and geting old to do it in one go now.
I have had no problems with the car at all. The last service the other day they said the tracking was out. Potholes. I have just extended the guarantee for another 3 years just in case. I am very pleased geting 68 mpg. Much beter that my Volvo XC60. Every forum people have problems and complaints about their cars.  I have never been on a forum that doesent have complaints. 

Tags:

anything