Author Topic: 6 year service costs  (Read 5137 times)

kotarenui

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 ES plus, 2013
6 year service costs
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
My partner has a 2013 Mk 2 Jazz 1.4 ES bought at delivery mileage and serviced since by the dealership. Her Honda dealership has now changed hands and the new dealer is offering a service package for the six and seven year services that appears competitive (£619). They quote 6 year cost as £750 and 7 year £287. The car was given free MOT for as long as I owned it, but the new dealership owners do not honour the free MOT agreement.

We use an independent for another vehicle who are reliable and trustworthy. Is it worth asking them about future servicing for the Honda? My partner is likely to keep the vehicle for the forseeable future and is less concerned about trade in values.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: 6 year service costs
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:32:32 AM »
Welcome. A reliable, independent should work out far cheaper than a Honda dealer.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
Just buy your own parts and give them to your local indie

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 05:14:38 PM »
From memory the long-life spark plugs come up in year 6 so I can only guess the dealer is including replacing those, also with longlife ones, which are pretty expensive at dealer prices.  Maybe they're also including checking the valve clearances, but I don't know if that ever gets done in reality.

Even including both of those, it still seems a very hefty price.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 07:53:16 PM »
If you have trusted independent, then use them. Unfortunately from experience, even if you pay high price doesn't guarantee good service at main dealer.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »
My partner has a 2013 Mk 2 Jazz 1.4 ES bought at delivery mileage and serviced since by the dealership. Her Honda dealership has now changed hands and the new dealer is offering a service package for the six and seven year services that appears competitive (£619). They quote 6 year cost as £750 and 7 year £287. The car was given free MOT for as long as I owned it, but the new dealership owners do not honour the free MOT agreement.

We use an independent for another vehicle who are reliable and trustworthy. Is it worth asking them about future servicing for the Honda? My partner is likely to keep the vehicle for the forseeable future and is less concerned about trade in values.

Ouch! £750 for a six year service is incredibly expensive and I genuinely don't think it would cost anything like that. It makes the £619 deal look good value but I think they are inflating the actual costs to make the deal look more attractive. I'd be looking for a decent independent.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »
I'd definetely speak to your independent, their parts and labour will be substantially cheaper as will any extras you need such as wipers, tyres, brake pads etc.
Never understood why manufacturers parts are 3 times the price of top brand replacements like Brembo or Bosch, can only be inflated prices.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 11:17:27 AM »
Some people, with more money than sense, would never dream of going anywhere but the main dealer for servicing and repairs. And I am not talking about new cars still under warranty. Many still use their dealer for old cars too. My brother takes his BMW to the main dealer, though it is over 5 years old.

Tags:

anything