Author Topic: Waterless Washes  (Read 1452 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Waterless Washes
« on: June 07, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
The car hadn't been cleaned for a fortnight and the recent rain had washed off all the dust so I decided to try the "Dry Wash" which came with the Gardx treatment on the car.

I am pretty impressed at the first attempt. You spray it on the panel, wipe off with a microfibre and then buff with another microfibre. It's a fairly viscous fluid - more like a quick detailer and there is no scratchy feel. It evidently leaves a bit of protection behind as well.

I wouldn't use it on a car which hadn't been cleaned for a while or if the car was covered in that Saharan sand we sometimes get in the summer but as a quick and easy maintenance tool it certainly has its place. I've looked carefully at the paint from different angles and I can see no evidence that it has inflicted any swirl marks.

There are loads on the market so I will be trying a few different ones over the coming year.

peteo48

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Waterless Washes
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »
So I bought a Turtle Wax product and gave it a go today. It was quite warm and the car was warm, not hot, but warm to the touch. Many of these products claim they can be used in direct sunlight but, on today's experience, I would counsel against it. It was hard work - not so much removing the dirt because you shouldn't apply much pressure - but there was quite a bit of streaking which took some buffing.

Optimum No Rinse would be a better option in these conditions.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Waterless Washes
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »
Autoglym Waterless Detailer was recommended to me a while ago.........not tried it or any others yet.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Tags: