Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Last post by dayjavoo on Today at 07:24:51 PM »
Thanks for passing on the latest news from Garmin.  I contacted Garmin support by email back in January requesting help with the problem so I hope I'm in the case file.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Cobb2 on Today at 06:36:03 PM »
I will be extremely surprised Chis52 if your problem is not the Brake Simulator and I'm sure you will let them know about all the other examples - assuming they are not aware already.  Hope they are as supportive as my dealer seems to be, although of course that is not enough at present, and it looks like we may need further action than just supportive dealers.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: USB data input
« Last post by 5thcivic on Today at 06:13:15 PM »
I do the same with Android and Musicolet, music and maps at the same time no problem, I just need 20GB on the phone for the music, this Samsung has more than enough space, the last phone I just used the micro SD card for music.
« Last post by Chis52 on Today at 05:28:33 PM »
I certainly would not buy a car with that fault. Period.
If the manufacturer does not resolve it free of charge, I will never buy another Honda.
And not having repair kits available for a common fault is disgusting.

UK consumer law is quite clear on this issue with cars..
Honda should be ashamed of their actions or lack of them.

Maybe its because the fault is only now appearing. It seems to be an age related, rather than mileage related issue. Cars reaching the 3.5 year old period, and by all accounts limited to a batch. I would hope that as I type, Honda are already in the throes of acquiring this part, and are waiting for dealers to start saying their customers are getting angry. I would then hope, that rather a damaging deluge of complaints about driving safety standards, that the matter will be dealt with quietly and calmly in the favour of the customer.
My update from the dealer this afternoon.
As expected it is the Brake Simulator. They have contacted Honda who have agreed to contribute just over £400 towards the part which costs £1428.35 (inc Vat) but the final bill would still be at least £1300 with labour. To be fair the Dealer is very supportive and agrees with me that this is far from ideal.
I have phoned Honda UK Customer Service and politely told them the situation  (with many similar faults with other customers and with the Japanese recall ). I have emphasised that such a part which is faulty and could cause an accident with a brake failure is not up to what I had believed Honda standards to be. Indeed it is so dangerous that there needs to be a recall immediately. Furthermore, I and other customers should not have to pay. They are expected to come back to me by the end of next week with an answer from higher up.
My current dealer has checked with one of its other dealers and they have had 6 similar failures on the Honda E and Jazz in the last few weeks.
I feel that other customers should also contact Honda UK by phone or email if they haven't already and be prepared to follow through with various consumer groups. The simulator on these faulty cars is obviously not fit for purpose. This fault may well be putting many customers unknowingly in considerable danger and the right thing to do is for Honda to make it public. Good customer service means putting things right as soon as possible.  Lets hope Honda does something very quickly. My dealer has ordered the part and possible delivery date may be by the 15th April. I will update when I have further information from Honda or my dealer.
As soon as my car is diagnosed I will take the same actions as above. The more complaints Honda receive will hopefully make them take action to avoid adverse publicity which is bound to happen unless they fix this problem soon.
« Last post by Cobb2 on Today at 05:20:04 PM »
My update from the dealer this afternoon.
As expected it is the Brake Simulator. They have contacted Honda who have agreed to contribute just over £400 towards the part which costs £1428.35 (inc Vat) but the final bill would still be at least £1300 with labour. To be fair the Dealer is very supportive and agrees with me that this is far from ideal.
I have phoned Honda UK Customer Service and politely told them the situation  (with many similar faults with other customers and with the Japanese recall ). I have emphasised that such a part which is faulty and could cause an accident with a brake failure is not up to what I had believed Honda standards to be. Indeed it is so dangerous that there needs to be a recall immediately. Furthermore, I and other customers should not have to pay. They are expected to come back to me by the end of next week with an answer from higher up.
My current dealer has checked with one of its other dealers and they have had 6 similar failures on the Honda E and Jazz in the last few weeks.
I feel that other customers should also contact Honda UK by phone or email if they haven't already and be prepared to follow through with various consumer groups. The simulator on these faulty cars is obviously not fit for purpose. This fault may well be putting many customers unknowingly in considerable danger and the right thing to do is for Honda to make it public. Good customer service means putting things right as soon as possible.  Lets hope Honda does something very quickly. My dealer has ordered the part and possible delivery date may be by the 15th April. I will update when I have further information from Honda or my dealer.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: USB data input
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:47:55 PM »
Yes

I had the same conundrum as I tried wireless Android Auto and found it very unreliable. That was so I could have a music loaded USB stick plugged in

My solution was to copy all my music files to my phone (Samsung S23+), installed Android VLC and connect the phone via cable

My music files are in the standard Android audio files folder

VLC is compatible with the MK4 headunit

Works perfectly
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Farewell to the Jazz, hello to the HR-V
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 03:56:32 PM »
Dealers don't want you to change cars just provide another finance package to get them through this month's target.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Farewell to the Jazz, hello to the HR-V
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 03:50:16 PM »
I've had my HR-V for almost 18 months. It's definitely a nicer vehicle to drive and more comfortable to ride in than the Crosstar it replaced with less intrusive safety aids. On paper the HR-V boot is no larger than the Crosstar's but it looks and feels much bigger (one reason it was bought). At the moment my HR-V has averaged 13% worse mpg than the Crosstar with the same usage pattern but this includes two winters and only one summer.

I agree that the HR-V would benefit from being slightly narrower. I would like the Mk 3's drivetrain in the Mk 2 HR-V's bodyshell! However, I think most vehicles are becoming more obese in order to get good scores in the safety tests but road widths and parking spaces haven't changed. I wonder if Honda's design team focus too much on prioritising the north American market rather than Asia and Europe.

I get offers from my dealer (currently discounts on pre-reg vehicles) which never include the Jazz. I wonder why? Is it the only Honda that sells itself?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Last post by pebbles on Today at 02:23:50 PM »
a bit more info. , Garmin got back to me , they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

It is a temporary technical issue which they hope to resolve , all those that phone in about the problem have been added to the group case file , their email addresses logged and they will be notified as soon as the update becomes available. 

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / USB data input
« Last post by Theophilus on Today at 02:16:23 PM »
I understand that only one of the USB ports permits data input – it seems that I can either input Android Auto for Waze / Google Maps on my phone or alternatively play music files from a USB MP3 player – is there any way I can have both running simultaneously?

Bluetooth?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything