Author Topic: Honda supplied inflators as supplied with the tyre repair kit  (Read 4457 times)

guest5545

Honda supplied inflators as supplied with the tyre repair kit
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »
Yesterday, due to my failure to check my tyre pressures recently, the tyre pressure monitoring system on my 6 month old Jazz flashed warning on my display.  I was not at Home and the only pressure gauge available to me was the one on the electric pump.  I reinflated the tyres to he correct pressures but the warning did not extinguish.  I then went to a Kwikfit place, thinking that I might have had a slow puncture.  when they checked the pressures each tyre was at a different, wrong pressure, and not by just an odd psi or two either.
Is this inaccuracy usual for this piece of kit or have I got a duff one? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest5839

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda supplied inflators as supplied with the tyre repair kit
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:20:46 AM »
Yesterday, due to my failure to check my tyre pressures recently, the tyre pressure monitoring system on my 6 month old Jazz flashed warning on my display.  I was not at Home and the only pressure gauge available to me was the one on the electric pump.  I reinflated the tyres to he correct pressures but the warning did not extinguish.  I then went to a Kwikfit place, thinking that I might have had a slow puncture.  when they checked the pressures each tyre was at a different, wrong pressure, and not by just an odd psi or two either.
Is this inaccuracy usual for this piece of kit or have I got a duff one? 

I have never used a honda compressor but i don't think i've ever used a pump, electric or manual with an accurate built in pressure gauge. One in particular was about 15 to 20% out!

vroom vroom

davegreen55

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »
I have used one of these Maypole pumps for several years and have always found them very accurate (within about 1 psi).http://www.maypole.ltd.uk/MP794-COMPRESSOR-DELUXE-12V_47715-15786
I don't think they sell direct, but any decent motor factor should be able to obtain one for you.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
I have never found consumer compressor pressure gauges anywhere near accurate. Nor to that matter are forecourt ones.

Get a decent analogue one. I cant find the one I have listed any more, but its similar to this one

guest5545

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
Yes, well lesson learnt; trusty old foot pump and pressure gauge dusted off.  Also note to self - don't be so damn lazy, get out and check more regularly.
Thanks for the replies.

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 11:16:38 PM »
Yes, well lesson learnt; trusty old foot pump and pressure gauge dusted off.  Also note to self - don't be so damn lazy, get out and check more regularly.
Thanks for the replies.

ive just got this bargain http://www.therange.co.uk/r-power-12v-mini-compressor//the-range/fcp-product/57803

'deny everything Baldrick'

Tags: