Honda HR-V Forums > Honda HR-V 2015-2021

Sold my HR-V...

(1/3) > >>

richardfrost:
My reason for swapping is because my particular car is an early example and not built well, I have had numerous issues, including a motorway breakdown - my first since a Morris 1000 in 1980. Also my circumstances have changed, meaning I will be doing more motorway/commuting and I need a larger boot which can accommodate three elderly dogs. If it was just the dogs, or just my flaky car, I would probably not be considering a change just yet, but both together makes it sensible.

Had a conversation with the Honda sales guy, from whom I have bought two CRVs, two Jazzes and an HRV. He reckons the HRVs just aren’t built as well as the Civic and the CRV. He suggested I look at a 2WD CRV. I had a drive in a ŠKODA Octavia Scout. Seemed to have everything I need and all the same toys as my HRV EX. Also tried a Toyota Auris and RAV4, and looked at Nissan Qashwhatever, Peugeot 2008 and 3008, had a long hard look at the Honda Civic Sport Tourer and the CRV.

In the end, I have bought a one year old ex demo Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Ticks all my boxes and with a 5 year warranty, I will have 4 years before I need to start worrying about things breaking on it. Will probably have the car by Wednesday, so that's that.

What I will say is that the HRV has held it's value reasonably well, considering mine was an ex demo car so already discounted heavily.

Will still be hanging around as my son's 2005 Jazz is still on the drive. MOT tomorrow so fingers crossed.

olduser1:
Good choice in the RAV, not sure about the Hybrid version.
The HRV was assembled in Mexico - workers there are on $ a day etc etc

richardfrost:

--- Quote from: olduser1 on October 31, 2017, 09:32:53 PM ---not sure about the Hybrid version.
--- End quote ---

I wasn't sure too but I was determined not to have another Diesel car, and the Hybrid keeps the MPG in the high 40s to low 50s. Plus it means I have my first 'automatic' car ever. Adaptive Cruise Control will be a God send on my morning motorway commute into Bradford and Leeds.

peteo48:
Some friends of ours have got a RAV 4 Hybrid - nice car and very well built from what I can see. Good luck and thanks for the advice about the HRV - I'll pass it on to my daughter who will be in the market next year.

Vinney:
I'm trading my 66 plate hrv in for the crosstar.  My local dealer has given me 11k for it.  I do like a lot about the hrv, but it annoys me no end that the stop/ start rarely works and it's not got text scrolling so you don't know what music is playing, plus it's diesel and that's being phased out.  The tax is only £20 a year though, so I shall miss that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version