Author Topic: items on service declined  (Read 1900 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
items on service declined
« on: October 04, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »
on my service i declined the a/c service (which is not on any service book for second service)

now will this give them a reason to reject my claim if my a/c compressor breaks in the next year?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: items on service declined
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »
It’s still within warranty, so no problem, and it’s very unlikely to fail.  I’ve never had an a/c service or failure despite keeping different cars for 6 or more years each.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »
on my service i declined the a/c service (which is not on any service book for second service)

now will this give them a reason to reject my claim if my a/c compressor breaks in the next year?
I don't think so, the service means using a cleaning spray for the external part of the evaporator and air ducts but no cooling circuit.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
thanks guys

im glad its not the case, i know it wont fail but i really dont like the unneeded extras on services

maybe they service the a/c for people who rarely use it, i use it all the time as use it or loose it keeping my seals from drying out and leaking gas

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »
thanks guys

im glad its not the case, i know it wont fail but i really dont like the unneeded extras on services

maybe they service the a/c for people who rarely use it, i use it all the time as use it or loose it keeping my seals from drying out and leaking gas

I think it is one of those extras they offer to make a bit more money, same as those engine oil flush or fuel system cleaner treatments. None are essential. Wise of you to use A/C all the time it makes very little impact on MPG and helps keep the system working properly, reduces risk of smelly mould especially if used with hot air setting not just during summer.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 06:11:30 PM »
I always refuse all the cleaners and flushers. Never tried this product, but it's cheap enough:
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/go4-auto-go4-air-con-cleaner-150ml-552777691?type=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiZbKxPid7AIVGOvtCh3ugQMeEAQYASABEgJ48PD_BwE

Might even kill Covid.....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:13:09 PM by AlanTR »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
I always refuse all the cleaners and flushers. Never tried this product, but it's cheap enough:
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/go4-auto-go4-air-con-cleaner-150ml-552777691?type=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiZbKxPid7AIVGOvtCh3ugQMeEAQYASABEgJ48PD_BwE

Might even kill Covid.....
The instructions remind me of childhood fireworks - “Light blue touch paper and retire to safe distance...”.  I should think any COVID would be begging for mercy!

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 10:13:20 AM »

my car is now 3 years old and I did actually have system serviced as I thought that this was a good thing to do at this age, I have noticed that the air con is now colder and as the car is now out of warranty thought it wise. Would consider it again maybe when car is 6 years old. Would value your thoughts. Many thanks.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 10:44:50 AM »
The dealer garages do push these cleans/flushes a bit too much in my opinion. Obviously the more miles you do, the more dust, dirt and probably bacteria accumulates in the air passages and evaporator. Checking the condenser for fouling isn't something I have done.  Aircon inspection is shown under "Recommendations" on the health checklist, but the service checklist doesn't have a line item for it.

Our car is 4+ years old and has done around 38K miles and probably does need an aircon clean. It's working ok, so don't fix it. However, I think I'll probably buy a can of cleaner and do it myself, but not until next Spring.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

[/quote]

my car is now 3 years old and I did actually have system serviced as I thought that this was a good thing to do at this age, I have noticed that the air con is now colder and as the car is now out of warranty thought it wise. Would consider it again maybe when car is 6 years old. Would value your thoughts. Many thanks.
[/quote]

how much did they charge (was it £99?) you and did it involve a regas too?

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »
Just bought mine it's a 2018 plate. I see from the service record (invoice) it had Aircon service carried out Feb 2020 at a "quoted price of £70"

AlanTR

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 04:32:43 PM »
There's a price list for aircon servicing on this website. Not cheap - the antibac treatment is £40 on top of the regas, leak test and pollen filter change!
https://www.brayleys.co.uk/honda/servicing/air-conditioning

In the UK an aircon service every two years should suffice (my opinion), unless of course performance is poor due to loss of refrigerant. The pollen filter change is at 2 yearly intervals, so it makes sense to get the aircon service done at the same time. Says he, who has not had it done after 4-1/2 years! Better get it done next year!

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 09:35:31 AM »

[/quote]

how much did they charge (was it £99?) you and did it involve a regas too?
[/quote]

It was done when serviced, think it was about £60 which I thought was reasonable.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 12:12:00 PM »
We have owned our 2003 Yaris for 15 years. The aircon has been regassed once. The system has never been cleaned. It sill puts out ample cold air but a regas is due soon.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 12:19:32 PM »
Very similar here. We have two about 20 year old cars (Honda and Peugeot) with air-conditionning regassed twice in that time. No other service. And A/C in both is working just fine!

Tags:

anything